four sweetpeas -->

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

DSC06797
John goes back to work on Thursday. Yesterday the tears started flowing. When John is home we aren't the type of coupled who get sick of each other, and need our space,well ok, sometimes but I don't secretly wish he would be at work, and we could just go back to a normal schedule. We have fun. Even though this last month and a half has been anything but fun, we have had lots of fun, mixed in with lots of pain. In our almost 7 years of marriage, with lay offs (2), 2 kids which John got to take leave for, and with this motorcycle crash, we have gotten to spend months together at a time. Everytime he goes back to work it's is so hard, it's like my best friend is leaving me and I'm going to be all alone. Of course that is not really the case, he does come home every night and all, but it's not the same as having him there all the time. So anyway, I have 2 days left and everytime I think about Thursday coming I get a little sad, ok yesterday it was a lot sad, but I'm pulling the pregnancy hormone card and saying I'm so weepy (ok sobbing in the bathroom) because I'm 8 months pregnant. Ok all of a sudden I don't know where I'm going with all this. I've been up since 4 unable to sleep, and now I'm finally getting sleepy again, though I know the kids are about to wake up, so I can't go back to sleep. Anyway, I 'm just am going to miss my John.

(alright I know that was the most confusing, abrupt, wierd post ever, sorry about that, thanks for reading my sleep deprived ramblings anyway)

13 Comments:

Blogger Wannabe said...

You guys are the most adorable couple I have ever seen. Seriously.

7:47 AM  
Blogger vickie said...

Heather you guys are too cute. I hope the transition goes smoothly as possible...I love when my hubby is home too, it's so nice.

by the way i think this is my first comment...love your site!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lol i loved it! and i love love love that photo of you two!

i hope everything goes well for you both when he gets back to work!

11:25 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

I know exactly what you mean. It's nice to be in the family groove and it will be hard, you're totally allowed to feel that way! I'll come visit here on Thursday and say hi so you don't feel so alone.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this picture is absolutely fabulous.

I know it's hard to let him go, and it's normal to be sad.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

That's great. I'm on the other side of the fence, the "We'd kill each other if we were together all the time" side.
I love the picture too.

8:19 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

What a romantic post, Heather! And
I know exactly what you mean. Love the picture!

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys look fantastic!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

What a sweet post! I think it's so sweet that you two are such great friends as well as husband and wife. That sounds funny because husbands and wives should be good friends. But it's easy to get caught up in the details of life and forget to have fun. You two seem to have a really special relationship.

Thanks for the nice comments you left on my blog. I hope you don't mind that I'm copying your "Grateful Friday" idea. I just think it's a great way to encourage positive thinking.

11:57 AM  
Blogger OnlyGirl said...

I love that photo! I love that you love each other so much after 7 years :)

1:16 PM  
Blogger angela said...

look at yout two! sending a smile today :)

1:57 PM  
Blogger AmyDe said...

Casey and I are just like that. We'd do everything together if we could and when he leaves for work in the mornings part of me is gone and I often feel scattered all day long. Things are just better when we are all together!

7:23 PM  
Blogger GJ said...

This is my favorite post of yours...ever. And all I can say is I agree...agree...agree.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home