four sweetpeas -->

Monday, October 30, 2006

The Great Pumpkin Caper

Someone stole the pumpkins off of our front porch this weekend. We had 5 of them, each of us had picked one out, they went from big (dad) to smallest (baby) at a local pumpkin patch. I know they are just pumpkins and all, but our heart sank when we realized they had been stolen. John and I were in a sort of funk for awhile. Who would steal our pumpkins? Our KIDS pumpkins!!, A pregnant lady's pumpkin for goodness sake!! Have you no SHAAAAAMMMEEE? ha, just kidding, but I was pretty upset about it.
pumpkin
Well I'm so delighted to post that this morning we walked out our door and found our pumpkins all returned in good condition with these notes taped to them. Ahhh I feel love and peace again for our neighborhood. I will no longer squint my eyes suspiciously at all the passing teenagers, I will no longer scan porches as we drive down our street looking for our kidnapped friends. Carry on with Halloween everyone, all is well.

10 Comments:

Blogger Montreal Mama said...

That is crazy that someone stole your pumpkins and then returned them! That is great though - that they had enough courage to return them, and with such a sweet note. Have a happy halloween! Are you decorating your belly?

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a fantastic story! I love that whomever did the taking, had parents that made those kiddies do the right thing. All is good in the land. (=

2:10 PM  
Blogger vickie said...

I CANNOT believe they were returned and with the notes on them! TOO much! I can just picture a mom finding out what her kids did and sending them to fix the situation with the notes. Funny story!!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

THAT IS CRAZY!!!! I am so happy that they were returned. huh? mind boggling kinda .....i love the notes they put on them. too funny!!!

6:25 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

I'd say someone's mum had something to do with this...

"Well, you can just march on back and return them and apologise for what you've done !"

.. or a reader of your blog ... ?

12:58 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

oh my goodness...
if that doesn't renew your faith
in people, i don't know what does.
heehee...
this is a wonderful story
complete with pictures!
:)

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm must be emotional today because that made me tear right up. I'm so glad that your children got their pumpkins back. That the culprit(s) returned them.

How wonderful. I can picture the remorse....

5:53 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

So glad this had a happy ending! And it does renew your faith in people. Loved the picture of the pumpkins and the flowers. The picture of the sunflower on your previous post was gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the fruit of your talent with all of us.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

That is really strange. But at least you got them back safe and sound!

7:39 AM  
Blogger --erica said...

There is good in the world!
I'm so glad they are home safely!!

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home