four sweetpeas -->

Friday, October 27, 2006

Grateful Friday

Flower
It's 2:39 am right now and I can't sleep. I've entered the stage of pregnancy where for me, everynight is a long drawn out toss around in bed ordeal. So I either lay there frustrated or get up, wrap myself in a blanket, and watch TV or read or surf the internet. I only have about 4 weeks left, time is flying by and I don't quite feel ready for the baby yet. Luckily I have 4 weeks left to get ready. We have everything we need, so I'm not sure why I don't feel ready. John has his 4th interview with this job in Walnut Creek next Wednesday. We are pretty sure they will offer it this time. It's a great thing yet many challenges go along with accepting this job. It will mean he will have to commute the last month of my pregnancy and then for a month after, until we find a place to live. I have thoughts of him getting the job, him being there, me at home in labor with the kids, him rushing home (it's about 2 hours away) and not making it. I wonder if everything will fall into place, babysitting?(should we just bring them?), will I deliver fast?, how will I get to the birthing center?(drive myself in labor?) All of these questions are making me feel not ready. I want to trust God, just breath and let the plan unfold, but it's hard. Meanwhile, people are telling me the baby looks low, that I've "dropped". I'm having more and more contractions throughout each day, and the days are going by quickly. One thing I know is that this baby will come when it's ready, I'm eager to meet the little one, to hold a tiny hand, and smell the little neck. To watch Jack and Stella as they look at this amazing little baby. Today I'm grateful for all the questions, we are on the edge of a new life in many ways, and though it may be scary, it is exciting.

12 Comments:

Blogger Erin Lane said...

wow...i really hope you two the best of luck with this baby!!

3:09 AM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

I am sure everything will fall into place when it's just right. I am sure you are also more ready for this baby than you think. And you've done it twice before, so you know what to expect. I'm sitting here with the fear of the unknown.... never having gone through labor before, so, I'm a little scared shitless. Oh, due to a stalker, my blog is private. Email me at graphicdesignchick at hotmail dot com so I can send you a blogger invite to my blog, which is up and running again!

6:39 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

wow.
you have so much going on
all at once...i'm sure it
will all fall into place
and wish you the best of luck
with the new job prospects!

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so incredibly excited for you and your family. I know everything will work itself out and you'll discover the reason for all of this later on. New doors are opening for you guys right now and as scary as it is, you have so much to look forward to.

I love your blog and feel almost as if I know each of you in real life. I'm excited for your new little addition as well.

(I promise I'm not a stalker!) :)

7:15 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

congrats on the baby.. Yes time goes by very quickly. I know I have a 11 month old.. best wishes to you and your cute family..

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you and your family to meet and greet your new addition. I'm sending prayers that John gets this job offered to him. And I'm sending prayers to the universe that your labor comes when John is close by. Happy weekend!!

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a stalker either! I found you through babybull40 Good luck. I lve your blog too!

4:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love babies...I never slept well during the last month of my pregnancy...anticipation of the baby always had me excited...of course I always hated labor... :)

11:04 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

You are ready..I'm so excited for you. gosh, I remember these last days..so great your are blogging about it all (journal)...my last was 10 years ago. Your are sparking memories for me...although my husband was at sea at the time..so continue to count your blessings!!!

8:31 PM  
Blogger GJ said...

How exciting!!!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

gosh..i still can't believe u took this pic...it is so pretty. Eveything will work out. Fortunatly i live so close too...so u know u can always call me. I am so excited to meet this baby!!!!!!!!! :)

9:34 PM  
Blogger OnlyGirl said...

I am thinking of you and praying for the best for you guys! I was so shocked when my #3 came two weeks early. It will all work out at just the right time and you will do GREAT! Sorry we missed you guys this weekend in Tahoe, but we'd love to see you soon, especially if you move we will be right across the bridge :)

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home