four sweetpeas -->

Friday, October 13, 2006

Grateful Friday

Yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. John went back to work, and despite Jack being sick all day, and me having to literally crawl out of our bedroom because my siatic nerve wouldn't let me put any pressure on my left leg without what felt like a bolt of electricity shooting down my butt and leg, the day went pretty well. Jack pretty much layed on the couch all day, and after some streches I could move around the house pretty well on two legs. Here is my grateful Friday list, have a super weekend everyone.
DSC07450
- Playing Light Bright while watching the Amazing Race.
- John has another interview next Tuesday.
- It's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Our churches annual Apple Hill service on Sunday. Apple Hill is a place up in the mountains where there are tons of apple trees and crafty booths set up, lots of pies and cider and wine. It's a good time.
- Lorissa and Gretchen
- My friend Gretchen inspired me to make extra buttery and gooey rice crisy squares, I made them last night, and it was well worth the stomach ache I had when I went to bed because they were delicious.
- John sending me to get a prenatal massage. It was so wonderful.
- John taking the kids and letting me sit in Borders to read magazines and listen to music for a couple hours.
- Camera Obscura, I love their music right now.
- After crawling out of the bedroom in pain and moaning about how much my butt and leg hurt, Jack through the day would look at me in concern and say tenderly "mommy I'll help your butt."

9 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Hope your butt is better. I'm off to buy a Lite Brite now....

11:28 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

You are such a good person with such a great spirit.

I hope the first day without John wasn't so bad.

Hope your butt feels better.

Have a great weekend!!!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

so funny about your leg...i mean, not really, but the story had me laughing and then with jack saying how he will help u...it is pretty comedic!!! :) i might be at apple hill on sunday too...glad u guys like the light brite :)

12:16 PM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

i hope your bum is better soon.
I JUST emailed my mom last week to see if she still had our lite brite...now I REALLY want to find it!
happy weekend. take care of yourself.

2:58 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

I hope you feel better soon!
Love your list!

4:19 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

Lovely. I love your faith and optimism.

( Wishing WE had an Apple Hill Service .. now that sounds GOOD ! :)

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Jack wanting to help your butt! I love rice crispy squares and your weekend activities on Apple Hill sound great.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Oh such good things-excpect the butt thing. Hope it feels better.

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful list! i always used to think that lite brite looked like candy...yummy pic.

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home