four sweetpeas -->

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Apple Hill

DSC07465
Every year we go to Apple Hill. It's about 45 minutes away in Placerville. It is always crowded but this year we decided not to go to the popular spots and headed up the hill a little. We found a place called Honey Bear Farm. It was perfect.
DSC07480
The lines weren't very long for pie and the farm itself was beautiful. There was a huge Koy fish pond and old trees and a pumpkin patch. They had made a maze out of hay stacks that the kids loved.
DSC07483
It think next year we will try this place again or maybe even explore some of the smaller farms down some of the little roads.

Apple Hill has lots of memories for me, we've gone every year pretty much since I was a kid. Usually with my dad though what I remember is stopping at road side farms where there were huge bins of apples to pick from and hot apple cider. We would always get a piece of pie or a caramel apple. I'm glad my kids will have lots of happy memories of our Apple Hill trips too.

7 Comments:

Blogger Heidi R. said...

awwww...such cute pictures and u are right about us having such fond memories of apple hill :)

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These photos are terrific and what a wonderful family tradition you all have.

9:52 AM  
Blogger vickie said...

I LOVE it. Such a great family time and beautiful nature! Love the kissing pic and the memories you are giving them, a beautiful thing!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Such nice pictures. I love the kissy one.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such lovely pictures! Thanks for sharing them :)

2:17 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

Gorgeous photos.

I remember Placerville. I think we had a choir meet there once..

5:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet and cute. We never did this stuff when I was a kid...maybe that's why I love doing it so much now... ;)

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home