four sweetpeas -->

Friday, September 08, 2006

Grateful Friday

30 weeks pregnant
DSC07185
The day after John's accident our friends took the kids overnight and I came home to an empty house. It was late and I was tired and I'd never ever been without John at night. I was lonely, and sad. I saw my reflection as I passed by a mirror and realized I wasn't alone, I had this little baby right there with me. I grabbed Jacks Spider man and Stella's froggie and slept on John's side of the bed holding all of my babies and slept in peace.

Today I'm grateful for:
- John recovering nicely
- Our friends and family who have shown us so much love
- Jack and Stella who despite everything going on have remained their silly little selves and make us laugh
- A healthy pregnancy
- My friend Gretchen for being there for me yesterday when I had a breakdown
- John has a phone interview today

16 Comments:

Blogger asianarnold1 said...

Prayed for you already. He'll do great on that interview.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you're so brave + beautiful.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful photo. and sending hugs and prayers your way.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

I love the picture.
Good luck to John on the interview.

11:01 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

What a stunning photo.

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, I just now read about John's accident-that's crazy! I am so glad that he and your family are okay. But how scary for you!

This picture of you is beautiful! And I will be praying for John and his interview. I am confident that God will provide an amazing new job for him that will meet all of your needs!

xoxo Andi

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason it did not let me put in my information on my comment above. This is Andi from "Tales of a Crafty Mama", just in case you were wondering :)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I am glad to hear the good news. I can't get the picture here at work but I will check the picture when I get home.

I hope you are well. Take care and take one day at a time.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful photo! I wish I'd taken more pics of myself when I was pregnant. I always say to myself "next time I will!" and I hope it's true.

On another note, you've visited my site so you've probably noticed that I "borrowed" the idea of Grateful Friday from you. I'm so glad I did. I can be quite negative at times (obviously from some of my blog posts!) but this makes me re-evaluate what I have and treasure it. Thank you.

8:41 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Beautiful photo and lovely words!
Have a nice Sunday!

7:25 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

what a lovely picture, beautiful pregnant lady!

8:20 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

sending you the best of wishes
and luck!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

This converys those feelings so well.

It is an utterly beautiful photo.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Heth said...

That photo is just stunning Heather.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

i love that photo...so pretty! ...and i loved what u had to say too :)

10:49 PM  
Blogger nina beana said...

pretty...perfect...

there's the belly shot i've been hoping for.

peaceful vibes coming your way.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home