four sweetpeas -->

Friday, September 01, 2006

Grateful Friday

DSC07020

- My appointment with Ruth my midwife on Tuesday went great. I'm getting more and more excited. When she said I was coming back in 3 weeks instead of 4 and then after that they would get closer together I couldn't believe it. When she said that I realized I don't have that much longer yet. At other times I feel like I have an eternity left.

- Spending the morning with my mom yesterday. She once again bought us clothes and lunch. When John came home I told him and he just shook his head and said how grateful he is that our family's can help when times are a little tougher. I'm so grateful for my mom, just the small things like being able to wear a new pair of pants or a new shirt make me feel so good. I know that sounds so material, and it is I guess, but when I'm feeling huge and sloppy, a new outfit somehow changes more that just my outside appearance. Thanks mom.

- Feeling the cool morning air every morning when I take the garbage out.

- Watching the VMA's last night. I love award shows.

- Making Risotto last night and having it actually turn out tasting good. I'm made it in the past and for some reason it is always inedible. I used Barely instead of Arborio rice and it was very good.

- Jack's friend Maya is turning 4 tomorrow, Jack has been talking about her party all week.

- Blue cheese.


4 Comments:

Blogger nina beana said...

i love how your list ends with blue cheese. there's nothing i like more than cheese. ok, there's lots i like more than cheese- but i sure do love myself some cheese.

must post pictures of that beautiful belly soon!

12:29 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Yes, blue cheese is the best there is. Well, gorgonzola and feta aren't bad, neither is mozarella. Whenever I talk about cheese I think of that commercial at Christmas time with the little red haired girl who gets a living room full of toys. The dad says, 'that must have been some cookie' and she says, "i didn't leave him cookies, i left him cheeessseee'. (= Sorry, I got all reverent for cheese.
I think there's nothing wrong with being excited about new clothes, especially when you're pregnant. Like Nina, I'd lvoe to see some more photos of your beautiful pregnant self!

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just catching up on your last few posts. Positively love all these pictures of Stella. Hard to believe you only have three months left...seems like just the other day you announced your pregnancy. :)

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blue cheese... yum...

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home