four sweetpeas -->

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

White Girl Booty Shake

DSC06966

This morning, knowing I wouldn't have time to go on my walk this evening, while the kids were watching a cartoon, I went into our bedroom and turned on the sports/fitness channel on our cable. There were a few choices, yoga, bellydancing, cardio, and Afro-Brazilian dance. Can you guess which one I picked? Noooo, not the yoga.... I, being not of sound mind and definitely of big bellied body chose Afro-Brazilian dance. As I was hopping around "plowing the field" and shaking my booty like Beyonce, I kept glancing back at myself in the mirror and realized for maybe the first time that I just really have no rhythm. I'm sure all my friends and family who have seen me bust a move already knew it. I think I had a vision of me grooving around and looking all hip, but now I see that I just really look stiff and a lot silly. Maybe it was just the genre of dance "Afro-Brazilian" (yea that's it) that I just can't get, because I think when I'm dancing to Shakira or Black Eyed Peas, I surely can't look this bad. Note to self: If our African neighbors ever invite us to a party and there is dancing.. run...they will stare, it will be bad.

(I do have to say that I think my butt was made to do the Beyonce Afro-Brazilian booty shake, I was quite impressed with how easily I could jump that thing around, though I'll just keep that move to the confines of my home, something about a pregnant white girl shaking her booty around in public might look funny.

6 Comments:

Blogger gkgirl said...

heh heh heh...
this paints some
very interesting visuals
:)

1:45 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

oh what a glorious laugh I got
you are charming and very funny

Love the choice and that you shared it with us.

8:31 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

ha !

Nice drum, Shakira !

3:08 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

So cute you are! I think I dance much better than I do and it's fine ~ it's usually in my home and with Ava. It's when she starts asking me to not dance with her anymore, than I'll know my moves really aren't cool. (=

7:08 AM  
Blogger OnlyGirl said...

That is too funny...and shows what good shape you are in! I couldn't even move when I was pregnant!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Java Mom said...

I think you should of taken a YouTube movie of this!!! :-)

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home