four sweetpeas -->

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

State Fair

Friday night we went to the state fair. It was our first time taking the kids at night, and it was by far the best time we've ever had. There was music everywhere, we danced, saw the Village People put on a show, and watched fireworks.
DSC07132
Stella eating a corndog, she dives right in, Jack picks off all of the cornbread first and then eats the hotdog.
Jack LOVED the petting zoo, he was hysterical to watch, he loved when the little goats would run around him and bump into him.
DSC07145
We took our yearly family photo booth photos, they turned out great, I'll share them with you all later this week.
The Incredible Hulk (aka Lou Fregno) I had a hard time getting a clear picture because John kept jabbing me in the back pushing me closer to him saying franticaly "get closer" as he shoved me in the back. I took a trillion pictures and most were blurry, this was the best, Hulk scratching his nose. When we got home I commented to John that Mr. Hulk seemed a little short and grumpy with all the people shoving to see him and sign autographs, he barley talked and just nodded his head at times after people gushed for 5 minutes. Then John reminded me that the man is deaf and it all made sense. Though I really would'nt blame him for looking at these people a little funny, some of them were so silly, one young lady said she had memorized everything he had ever done..weird.
And finally, before fireworks we went to the New Orleans patio, ate beignets and danced, the kids got down and were the best dancers out there.

10 Comments:

Blogger nina beana said...

sounds like a great time heather! can't wait to see your photobooth pics!

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I. just. can't. wait. for. the. photobooth. picture!!!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Oh my the picture of her in the photobooth is so amazingly cute. Wow

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fair fever is in the air!

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Stella in the photobooth. So cute!

8:54 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Sounds so fun! I can't wait to see the photo strips. That picture of Stella in the booth is fantastic.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

awesome...i hope i get the chance to go this year...i think nighttime sounds like the best plan...now i am craving a corndog!!! :)

10:17 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

sounds like loads of fun!
and that picture of
stella in the photobooth
is already a winner!
can't wait to see the rest.

4:42 AM  
Blogger LBA said...

Fantastic post .. I haven't seen a photobooth in years - what.is.wrong.with.me ??!??!

I also didn't know The Incredible Hulk was deaf, so there you go.

Love your blog, as always ..

5:20 AM  
Blogger Java Mom said...

looks like a super time!!! I haven't been to the state fair in about 11 years.

Love that you got the HULK

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home