four sweetpeas -->

Monday, August 14, 2006

Our Weekend In San Francisco

We had such a great time this weekend. The kids stayed with our friends and John and I were alone to explore the great city of San Francisco.
DSC06977
The small things like just sitting outside a cafe drinking a coffee and eating a pastry and watching the people go by were some of the moments we cherished the most.
It seems like everyone in San Francisco owns a little dog. They were all pretty cute, they were even allowed in lots of the cafe's and I even saw one in a restaurant we ate in.
DSC06985
On Saturday we went to the Museum of Modern Art. We are always up for seeing some strange contemporary art and we weren't disappointed.
DSC06993
Saturday night we went to eat at Millennium. It was so incredibly good, even John my meat loving fool, really loved it. We got the best seat too, right by the window so we could watch all the people at shoe level walk by, San Francisco is truly awesome for people watching.
DSC06991
The Dahila's are in bloom in Golden Gate park, they were so perfect. These flowers always remind me of Dr. Suess

And finally I leave you with a window of meat. It was on display for a restaurant called Harris by our hotel. We looked at the menu and plates started at $40, there was even a steak for $75.

We had such a fun time together, it was nice to just be with John and take our time eating and talking. It's life back to normal now, I'm starting potty training Jack again this week. So far it's been 1 and 1/2 hours and no accidents, of course I'm making him go every 20 minutes or so, but I'm happy at the start.

14 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

Nice photos Heather and I'm glad to hear you had a nice time. That meat confirms why I don't eat it anymore. (=

10:55 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

yay for a great trip,
love the photos,
especially the dahlia
what a cool photo!

and we are in the beginning
stages of potty training too,
for the little boy i look after.

hope it goes well for both
of them
:)

11:03 AM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

wow...that dahlia is beautiful!!! so glad u guys got to be alone for awhile...u needed it a great deal. i wanna go to sanfran now!!! :)

11:27 AM  
Blogger Lorissa said...

When I saw that last picture I thought it was loaves of SF sourdough, and then I was like "ewwww." I'm so glad and jealous you went to Millenium! Was it great? That latte looks awesome too. Nothing like coffee on the streets of Frisco. I forgot to tell you about this cool beatnik coffee house we always go to there. Oh, well...looks like you guys had a blast! I'm glad the kids were returned to you in one piece as well. Good luck with potty training.

1:32 PM  
Blogger OnlyGirl said...

Such gorgeous photos! I'm glad you guys had a good time.

We are potty training Thomas right now too. The hardest part of parenting! lol

3:14 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

Beautiful photos.
You made me all wistful and stuff ;)

3:42 PM  
Blogger Lorissa said...

Oh, yeah--did you say cute DOGS!? You must have been very content and relaxed on your trip to say that about all the DOGS, not being a fan and all...

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your weekend looks fabulous. And Millenium sounds divine.

5:23 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

I'm coming here by why of acumamakiki.
Oh sweet san fran. I love sitting in cafes and just people watching too. And that museum is a really nice space. We went there for a graphic design convention before our little man, and it was such a lovely trip.
The dahlias are wonderful too.

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so so so so happy that you guys had a great time.

8:24 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Such beautiful photos! I am glad you both had a great time!

9:09 AM  
Blogger K said...

I'm glad you had a great time in San Fransicso! I agree, it is a perfect place for people watching!
I like your photos. The flower is very pretty!

Good luck with the potty training!!

5:28 PM  
Blogger kelly rae said...

i just found your blog today and it is so lovely. you have what seems like an amazing family with lots of love! my husband and i just moved to san fran from portland and it's nice to see all of your great photos of the city. we have lots of exploring to do...

4:40 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

I like these photos are great. What a fun trip.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home