four sweetpeas -->

Friday, August 25, 2006

Grateful Friday

DSC07108
1. Spending a great day with my mom. It started out with a shopping spree at Mervin's for the kids, and desperatly needed walking shoes for me (can you believe I wear size 10 now? YIKES, I had been walking in size 9 1/2 and my heels were paying a big price) Then we went out the Counsumnes river Nature Preserve. It was so beautiful, lots of walkways over water, trees and animals. Then we went at ate at my sisters restaurant, it was delicious and it was fun having her wait on us hand and foot :) (just kidding), she did give a great discount, Thanks Heidi, and thanks mom for everything.

2. As I drove home from our day with mom, both kids fell asleep so I cranked up the radio and Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake came on, and then London Bridge by Fergie, I enjoyed my self fully hopping around in my seat.
DSC07085

3. We're going to the California State Fair tonight. We usually go during the day, but we wanted to see the carnival rides all lit up at we ride on the Monorail, plus it will be cooler

4. I feel really close to John lately.

5. I won a free movie ticket from Blingo.

6. 1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you". I have this written up on our chalk board and I must read it 30 times a day. Stress creeps back on so easily, I read this and take a deep breath and try and let go.

7. My baby is moving so much, I'm obsessed with thinking of names, everywhere I look I see names and I'm always looking for good ones.

8. We watched "Elizabeth Town" last night and loved it. It made me think if my relationship with my dad and how I wish so much we were closer.

9. Date night on Saturday, we are going to see "Lady in the Water" finally, and then walk around downtown.

10. Taking walks with the kids to "the jungle"(a big bush that is pretty much blocking the sidewalk, we peek in and look for monkeys.) down the street.

6 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

Good list and as always, I love your photos. You and John try to make life fun for you and the kiddies, I admire you for that. Have fun at the state fair ~ it's amazing that Sacto gets a bum rap when look look! at all that it has to offer. You have a great weekend and I can't wait to hear the new babe's name!

1:42 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Sounds you all had a great time!
Love the photo of your Mom and the kids! Just beautiful!

And thank you for your visiting and kind words about my place!

Have a good weekend!

2:48 PM  
Blogger kelly rae said...

you have some great gratitude lists...makes me want to list my own..

5:50 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Lady in the Water . . how was it. Something about the previews attracted me.

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

again, such a great list.

10:14 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

Beautiful Post. I love your 'gratefuls' ...

also love the leaves and feather pic .. lovely cruncy brown with soft feathery white contrasting.

I feel all warm & fuzzy now ;)

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home