four sweetpeas -->

Friday, August 04, 2006

Grateful Friday

I took this photo of Stella and myself on a beach in Monterey. I cracked up when I saw the photo afterwards.

1. John and I talking last night about our marriage, we feel a little like we are getting lost in work and child raising, so we are going to put some extra effort in to make sure him and I have a great relationship. Drifting along is so easy to do, yet we've found that it's dulled our relationship. I look forward to renewing our friendship, having fun, and keeping our love for each other exciting.

2. The cable guy finally came!! We love Direct TV, but Comcast has a good deal right now, so why not save a few bucks.

3. Mangos. I'm on a fruit kick right now. I especially love Mangos, which have never been my favorite before.

4. I chopped Stella's bangs really really short. I meant for them to be pretty short, but they ended up being a tad shorter than I had envisioned. I kept trying to get them straight and they kept getting shorter and shorter. When I first I looked at her after I finally forced myself to put the scissors down I shook my head in disbelief, but then she started running around being her goofy little self and they seem perfect to me, a little funny just like her.

5. Our weekend away is only one week away.

6. Our new routine in the morning. Get up, eat breakfast, get dressed, brush our teeth, paint or draw and learn a letter, go outside. I know this is not groundbreaking stuff, but I'm seeing if a little more structure makes my kids and myself have a happier morning.

7. I see Jack is happier lately, less whining and arguing, more smiles and cheerfulness.

8. My friend Gretchen is pregnant. She and I have been pregnant together now for the third time.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lorissa said...

Hilarious! Sometimes I envy kids' freedom to itch, grab or pick anytime they want. I was raised so 'proper' I can't even do that stuff in my own house. (And you know we ALL do it.)

Ah yes, Ron and I are attempting to go out to dinner this Saturday. We are very disconnected too. Oh yeah, and we have a sitter!!!

2:09 PM  
Blogger asianarnold1 said...

connection is very very key.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Yeah! for routine, something I never seem to get the hang of.
And also for a weekend getaway; what a great thing to look forward to.

5:33 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

structure is definately the key
for a smooth day with the kids,
i find anyway...
i run a home daycare and we
are fairly structured for that reason.

and how funny about the pregnancy
coinciding again...heehee

and i LOVE too too short (and even
a little crooked) bangs on little
girls...i love it
:)

6:48 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I love that you and your best friend get to be pregnant together at the same time.....so cool! I love the routine of your days with the kiddies. This week, Ava hasn't had camp and while she's been bored (record heat) we've also had a nice routine of girl-alone time.
I love little girls with too short bangs, it's very cute and I'm sure Stella is adorable.

7:45 PM  
Blogger K said...

Haha! Funny picture!!

That's cool that you and your friend are pregnant, at the same time, again.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh that picture is priceless!

the same thing happened to me everytime I tried to cut Sean and Will's hair.

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home