four sweetpeas -->

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

DSC07042-1
Another day of breaking up fights. They will fight over anything and everything. Stella likes to grab Jack's toys while he's playing with them and run. They are actually pretty quite at the moment. I asked them to go pick up all their toys and put them in the toy box. I'm sure there is more playing going on in there than cleaning, but at least they aren't hitting each other.
DSC07034
Tonight my mother in law is coming over for dinner. The kids always love spending time with her, but you know I'm in a frenzy trying to get the house looking halfway decent. I guess sometimes it's a good thing we don't live in a very big place. Stella is about to go down for a nap now, and I already have dinner preped, so I'm looking forward to just laying on the couch for a bit. After that I'll focus more on the house and dinner.

8 Comments:

Blogger FreddieGirl said...

I just have to tell you that the photography on your blog is amazing. Seriously. You could make a living with it!

2:09 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Love these pictures! Very expressive!

5:04 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

You always take such good photos Heather, I love coming here to see what you're sharing. Your kids are too cute.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

So, how'd it go?

7:16 AM  
Blogger Lorissa said...

Is it the weather? Seems all kids are super wound up right now. Then again, kids are always that way :)
Hope dinner went well. John has a cool mom. I'm sure she didn't notice the house.
(See--I'm not the only one who loves your photos. You have a GIFT!)

7:52 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

great photos...
and there is nothing
like the expectation of
company
to put you into a cleaning frenzy
heehee...
even if you know they
wouldn't care what it looked like,
that they would understand...

hope it went great!

8:41 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

heather, this was me just a few months ago, feeling like my girls couldn't go five minutes without a major fight. but all of a sudden things have just started clicking between them....life is not void of fights, but its much better. just to give you a little hope and encouragement.
my sister and i were talking about sibling fights the other night on the phone--and we both agreed some of the best learning comes from dealing with these conflicts. they really learn how to deal with their feelings, apologize, forgive, etc....

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope your dinner was a smash! i can't imagine what it would be like to have two to amuse (ie. fight with) each other!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home