four sweetpeas -->

Monday, July 31, 2006

Weekend Update

DSC06950
Good grief!! Blogger is giving me troubles today. I had a whole other post written out, but was having trouble editing one of the pictures, so I had to erase it. Anyway, we spent the weekend watching Maya and Mason (aka "The Chomper"). We have an super fantastic deal with our buds Jeff and Gretchen. We trade weekends away every so often. They took off to have some time together, while we watched the kids. We had a great time playing in their backyard, jumping on their gigantic trampoleen (I think John likes it as much as the kids). Sunday the last day was the hardest. It started out with Stella tumbling down their flight of stares as I watched from the top step, unable to do anything but watch her roll down, scream, and run after her. Thankfully and miraculously, she was not hurt, even though she hit the hard wood floor at the bottom. She fell like a little professional stunt baby, rolling all the way down, arms tucked in. It was, I think, the scariest thing I've gone through as a mom. To see her falling, and have no control, it seemed to happened in slow motion when I think back on it. Overall though the weekend was a success. Maya and "The Chomper" were super. We look forward to our own weekend away in a couple of weeks.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How scary for Stella! Glad she's okay. Isn't it amazing how resilient little ones are? And thank God for that...

9:51 AM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

awwwwww....poor stella! at least she was ok. How was the movie on saturday?? ...and why is mason called "the chomper"???

10:43 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Yikes, it scared me just to read that. Glad she's alright!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Java Mom said...

That would of freaked me out.....is she okay today????

5:41 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Heather the same thing happened to Ava when she was 18 months old at my sister's house. She rolled down an entire flight of basement stairs and the thud at the bottom.....I can still hear it and it makes me want to cry. Stupid BIL said,'oh she's bouncy' while I was making sure her eyes still focused and weren't rolling in her head. Sheesh!!
I'm just so glad to hear Stella is alright and even more so, that you all survived the weekend.

4:28 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

holy scariness!
that must have been hard...
i'm glad she wasn't hurt
:)

and cool idea to give each
other a break like that,
very smart thinking
:)

6:00 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

those kind of experiences just take your breath away as a mother. so glad stella was fine!

5:38 AM  
Blogger K said...

How scary for Stella, and for you!
Glad she's okay!!

1:10 PM  
Blogger asianarnold1 said...

Thanx! you and john's turn next.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home