four sweetpeas -->

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Today's To-Do List


1. Return the Australian toaster biscuits I bought at the store the other day. I opened the package when I got home and there was mold on every single one of them. I was so sad because at that moment I was craving a toaster biscuit with butter and orange marmalade on it. John would have just said to cut the little piece of mold out, but I don't believe in doing that, I really think the whole thing is contaminated with mold even if I only just see a speck of it.

2. Return the library books. We have about 25 checked out and I got the dreaded automated call from the library lady yesterday saying we have overdue books. I usually do so good about returning books on time, but on occasion time gets away from me. oops

3. Go get a nice cool drink and head to the park with the kids. We need to get out of here by 9:00 though or it will just be too hot.

4. Go to Michaels and get some craft supplies. They are having the "Dollar Days" this week so I'm stocking up.

5. Have the kids make a "Get Well" poster for my mom.

6. Make dinner. I'm so proud of John, he's been trying hard lately to eat healthier. Last night his comment at dinner was "mmm this is pretty good for a vegetarian dish"....I decided to take this as a complement.

7. Read "Three Junes" during nap time.

8. Visit mom in hospital, bring her the poster we made. My mom went into surgery this morning, I hope to put a couple pictures of the kids on the poster too, it's always nice to have familiar faces to look at in dreay hospital rooms.

9. Watch Project Runway. I was sad when Milan got booted, I was a little annoyed by him at first, but he grew on me in one episode, and by the end I almost cried along with him as he said his parting words.

8 Comments:

Blogger gkgirl said...

i was surprised
that milan was kicked off...
however, i had also only
seen that episode so far
this season...
but i thought the other guy
was absolutely obnoxious.
(i don't remember his name though).

i hope your mom is doing fine...
and it is sweet that you did
a poster for her...i'm sure
that will be very much
appreciated :)

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sending good thoughts for your mom...

and God I love this picture.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending good wishes for your Mom. Malan grew on me, too...was sorry to see him go last week. Looking forward to tonight's episode.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Java Mom said...

Hope you have a very nice day. Sending prayers for your mom....

My hubby would tell me to cut the mold off the bread also!!! EWWWWWW

9:47 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

I hope your mama is alright....keep us updated. I was very sad about Malan, his story at the end made me feel bad for him and bwtn. the 2 of them (Malan vs. Angela) I would have rather SHE left. Can't wait for tonight!!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Twist of Kate said...

I came across your blog through a comment you made at Java Mom's. Just wanted to say that I totally felt the same way about Malan, I really almost cried. Silly, huh. Can't wait to watch tonight. Anyway, you have a lovely blog and lovely photos to go with it.

7:03 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

Hmmm - i'm from Australia, and I have NO IDEA what "Australian Toaster Biscuits" are.

.... < google > ...

ok. These are simply 'muffins', or "English Muffins" to us. Yum ;)

10:48 PM  
Blogger nina beana said...

ooooh- we are so in sync with our to-do lists. first, my husband is the SAME WAY re: a meal really isn't a meal unless it has meat in it. i'm working on him. two, i'm feeling you about the mold thing. yet i have no problem eating blue cheese. also, i initially wasn't feeling milan but then felt pretty sad for him when he got kicked off and was all "i never had any friends and this was my one chance." aaah, milan! come over my house and i'll make you dinner.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home