four sweetpeas -->

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Monterey

Monterey is one of my favorite places. We spent the last couple days there enjoying the beach and the aquarium.
DSC06763
The kids loved the aquarium, I especially liked the jelly fish and the tuna at feeding time.
I think our favorite part was getting to hang out at the beach for 3 whole days. It is truly a joy watching Jack and John make sand forts and watching Jack run from the waves. Stella is always scared at first and then she gets into it and likes throwing sand all over the place.

DSC06813
My mom and Heidi came up and joined us for the aquarium and the beach. It was fun having them with us to play on the beach. Jack LOVED playing with grandma in the water, and Stella LOVED hanging with Heidi, throwing sand all over her.
Cannery Row is always nice to walk down, with all the little shops and galleries. This otter scared my kids. Jack hid behind my skirt and Stella just snuggled into Heidi and stared at him.
It was a beautiful, fun, relaxing trip. I'm reading to go back already. Hope you all have a nice weekend.

13 Comments:

Blogger Kiki said...

The image in the aquarium is fantastic, it really caught my eye, the vibrant blue is amazing. I love the beach too it's a pity I'm in the midst of winter right now. I'm envious!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

i.want.to.go.back.NOW!!!!!! i so so so loved it!! Thanks 4 inviting us....i had so much fun with you guys...:)

7:06 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Cute pictures! It looks like you had a great time ~ I love that aquarium!

7:11 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Sounds you all had a great time.
Love the photos!
Have a good Sunday!

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

these are beautiful pictures, I'm so happy you had a great time!

10:25 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

yay!
that sounds like so much fun!

the aquarium pic was too cool
:)

8:03 AM  
Blogger Lorissa said...

Ooooooooooo. That first pic is frameable!!!

11:07 AM  
Blogger GJ said...

So fun!! and otters RULES!!!!!

3:57 PM  
Blogger dani said...

gorgeous photos!!!

my memories of monterey include the gorgeous sea otters and the clam chowder. yummmmm. oh and the beautiful coast road of course.

2:02 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

wow. that first picture is amazing. I think I'm going to call my sister this morning and plan a trip to the aquarium next week! we have the national aquarium here in baltimore--i used to go there every year for my birthday when i was younger. but i haven't been there yet with MY children.
thanks for the great pictures to remind me of what i'm missing!

6:31 AM  
Blogger asianarnold1 said...

it's been almost 2 yrs since we've been there. definitely a great place. glad you had a good vacation.

8:28 AM  
Blogger K said...

Looks like you all had a great time!! Ah, I miss the beach so much!!

12:00 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

OMG - That vibrant blue jellyfish photo should be entered in a photography exhibition - it is *am-azing* !! Fantastic !! :)

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home