four sweetpeas -->

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Head Butts and Biting

DSC06691
This sweet innocent looking little angel (though looking at this picture I do see a hint of mischief in that little smile) has perfected the art of head butting. Jack taught her the basics, aim your head at a body part and plow in, but Stella has taken it to another level. First of all we aren't sure where Jack learned this painful little skill, but he started doing it to Stella a couple of weeks ago. Time outs and a few little spankings have slowed them down a bit though. Stella however in the last day or so has shown that she not only picked the maneuver up from Jack but has perfected it. First I saw her head butt Jack in the chest. Instead of just bending over and running, she actually gets close to Jack, grabs his shoulders, bends her head and forcefully slams it into his chest. Yesterday was the worst, she actually stood before Jack, grabbed his head on each side by the ears and slammed her head into his. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY SWEET LITTLE BABIES!! It's like wrestlemania over here. Twice yesterday Stella bit Jack, once on the nose, leaving marks, and once on the arm. Sometimes I feel like a referee all day, breaking up fights, trying to keep blood from flowing out of one kid or another. Today I'm aiming for at least a head butt and bite free day, I have a feeling they will still think up new ways to hurt each other, but at least I have a place to start.

9 Comments:

Blogger asianarnold1 said...

sounds like a show at the arena...
where's the popcorn!?

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my!!! the picture of Stella is so cute I find this post hard to believe!!!

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as my husband always reminds me, research shows from age 2 to 3 you are in the most violent stage of your life...stella is adorable and very age appropriate :) mine's a pincher, kinda like a piranha!

1:46 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Arggh! As a child, my sister and I clobbered each other most days, from morning to night. I agree with pink sky, it's a phase and totally age-approriate

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she is too cute for me to believe any of this nonsense you write about. I'm sure she kissed him and you just THOUGHT it was biting. ;-)

4:04 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

ahhhh...
that stage.

such fun. (for them)

and torment. (for you)

hang tough,
hopefully it will pass soon.
:)

7:41 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Ohh that is tough-my 16 month old has swiped at me in frustration a few times the past week or so, and I am trying to get a handle on it.

I guess they have found a way to express their frustration:)

Good luck with a blood free day today.

XOXO

10:15 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

take something she REALLLY likes away! (and stick with it) when she goes a day without she can have it back. works wonders.
also...make sure about the tv thing.
Age? -yes,but 'appropriate'?-no....But don't make TOO much attention about it, though ..it could just be for that. Your 'baby' knows she isn't going to be the baby anymore! Amazing it happens at this time right? Just redirect and do something special with just her!

She's a CUTIE!!!

12:16 PM  
Blogger dani said...

the kids didn't see the world cup final did they?

very cute photos and very cute kids!

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home