four sweetpeas -->

Monday, June 05, 2006

Tumble Class

Do you see him? He's the little guy in the red shirt looking away from the camera. HE'S HAVING FUN!!, by himself, without us, with TOTAL STRANGERS. Ok I know this is really a terrible picture, but you have to understand, parents were asked to leave so the kids could develop some confidence away from their parents. John had to crash the class and sit with Jack the first 10 minutes or so, he took a few minutes to warm up to the idea of jumping around with a bunch of kids he didn't know (hey, who wouldn't). Then John sort of inched his way out, and came and we took our undercover surveillance positions, out on the grass. I couldn't help but get choked up watching him jump around and shake his little booty, wave his hands in the air, and high five his teacher. My little boy it growing up, I could all of a sudden picture him in school, doing fine without me, and my heart froze a little. At the same time I was so proud of him, happy he did so well, had so much fun.

11 Comments:

Blogger gkgirl said...

isn't it funny
how these little brushes
with independence
end up being just as
(or more)
scary for us as parents
than they do for the children?

i was totally the same way,
even now,
with the kids being 6 and 10...
sometimes i feel like every
independent step for them
is one more little step
away from me...

i know thats not a healthy
attitude to have,
but its honest and its real
and its what i have.

9:11 AM  
Blogger OnlyGirl said...

That is so cute! I know how you feel. I saw the little lunchroom at Wesley's kindergarten and I almost cried...

1:31 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

It's amazing isn't it, watching your wee babies growing up and being independent? I get choked up too. (=

2:31 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Oh my-this excited me and scared me.

I have had similar feelings when I left my son at the gym child care for 20 minutes. I couldn't believe he was ok, and happy without me.

It is exciting and scary to watch him growing up.

I loved the picture and the story.

6:39 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Looks he had a great time!
Looking this photo I remember when my daughter and my son were little kids! You brought to me lovely memories.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet! (Let me know if you need help with the video.)

8:10 PM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

ahhhh...my little jack!!! So very cute that u guys watched through the window...:)

10:51 PM  
Blogger nina beana said...

that's so great!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Lu said...

I'm always peeking (as much as I can) when my son is in his little classes. I love seeing him listening to the teacher, holding hands with the little girls, running around with all the kids... And I love getting to watch... I do get sad, though, realizing that soon enough he'll be in Preschool for real, and there will be no more peeking to be had :-(

I don't know how I'm going to handle that.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Heth said...

I love that you assumed undercover surveillance positions. So cute.

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww...

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home