four sweetpeas -->

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Something New

A POEM

There was a child went forth every day

And the first object he look'd upon, that object he became,

And that object became part of him for the day or a certain part of the day,

Or for many years or stretching cycles of years.

The early lilacs became part of this child,

And grass and white and red morning glories, and white and red clover;

and the song of the phoebe-bird,

And the Third-month lambs and the sow's pink-faint litter;

and the mare's foal and the cow's calf,...

- Walt Whitman

A NEW BOOK

This is the new book I got yesterday (turns out "Surviving Ophelia" was in at the library but it was a cassette tape, I'll have to wait for that one). The above poem is what opens the book. I've only read the first five pages and I'm already inspired.
DSC06628

A NEW GARDEN

I finally was inspired by this lovely garden and went and got some flowers and planted them in our tiny garden. I love it, these pictures really don't show just how lovely this once ugly space is.
DSC06618

5 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

What a beautiful little garden. Nothing like flowers to make you feel cheery!

9:18 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

I'm looking for that book! Absolutely....the lack of learning about nature is quite apparent in todays school...the respect for it, the awe of it... the simple knowledge of certain things. Hope I'm not misunderstanding the title before I look it up ;) I know I've kept up the knowledge of this subject with my children...anyway, I've off to look for it...thanks for the idea!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

oh....your garden looks so cute!! ..and your poem was nice too. :)

11:32 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

What an inspiring post. I love the poem, I adore your garden and feel inspired by you to make ours into something other than the ugly front yard it has become.

11:38 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

wow...
lots of new-ness going
on at your place!
very inspiring...

i also had a disappointment
at the library
yesterday.
heh.
i can't take out any books
until i pay my
(ahem, cough)
87.00
overdue fine...

heh.
i suck.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home