four sweetpeas -->

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Self Portrait Challenge: "Pop Art" #1


DSC06436
Me and my ipod. I never knew I could be so in love with a little piece of metal. It holds all the songs I love. Every evening I go for a walk. I always take my ipod and hit shuffle. Sometimes I think there are supernatural forces picking the songs as I walk, many times they have been just the ones that I need to hear, or that get me walking faster just when I want to quit. You know that Ipod commercial where the people are walking along listening to their music and they look all calm and serene and then you see their shadow and it's going crazy dancing. That's exactly how I feel, so many times as I'm walking I'm really holding myself back and on the inside I'm dancing. Sometimes as soon as I walk in the door I just stand there and dance for a few minutes, I even got John to join me once. See more pop art self portraits here

17 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

I love that you walk each evening. Like you, I love my i-pod although I rarely use the shuffle mode. Nice photo!!

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the ipod matches the neck--long! :) i really like this image.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

i love this pic and was so excited to see the new topic this month...NOW..i will start doing it again...ha ha!!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

I never thought I wanted an ipod until my daughter got her ipod mini. Now, I'm jealous.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

Wonderful. Great texture and tone.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this picture! Very creative. Everytime I read about you walking in the evening, it makes me want to go walking more :)

4:06 PM  
Blogger GJ said...

Stunning.

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Heather, I love this! :)

11:26 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

This is fantastic!!!!!!!!
We think alike my friend.
I love my ipod too and I included it in my SPT.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Heth said...

Great photo Heather.

5:53 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

heehee...i love this!
and now i am sold.
i so want an ipod too!!!
heehee

i love how you described
holding yourself back...
walking calmly
while shadow dancing
:)

6:19 AM  
Blogger nina beana said...

this photo is freak freak freakygood.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is seriously great! Awesome execution of the theme! Striking, thought provoking image! Good stuff...

10:23 AM  
Blogger angela said...

wow! what a great photo. i love walking and music - and i know just what you mean with the supernatural song selection theory :)

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this! I love the image of you walking and listening and then coming home and dancing in joy.
It's truly the simple things.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

This is very much like a piece of artwork. Perfect! It would have made my favorite list :) I just bought a house in Pollock Pines. Howdy neighbor!

9:31 AM  
Blogger dani said...

perfect idea and brilliantly shot! lvoe it!

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home