four sweetpeas -->

Monday, June 26, 2006

Happy Monday

DSC06564
These little gnomes are sprinkler guards on the lawn down the street. Everytime we walk by I smile at them. The kids stop and yell "look Santa". I love them. We have an exciting week this week. John has an interview in about 40 minutes. He looked so handsome this morning in his suit. I know he'll do great. I have 2 appointments, one with my midwife and one for an ultrasound. We are waiting to find out the sex of the baby so this is just to make sure everything is a-ok in there.
DSC06562
On another note I've decided to finally give up trying to read "100 Years of Solitude". I've been trying on and off for a couple years now to read this book. I love the beginning and then just get lost in all the names and politics. So many people really love this book, and I wanted to love it too, I mean it DID win the Nobel Prize and everything. But I've been reading it for about a month solid now, every day, and I'm not even half way done with it. So today I'm going to jump around and see what happens and then I'm letting it go and moving on. I've grown attached to it, like a sibling I just can't get along with but really love. O-well, I think my next book with be "Reviving Ophelia" mainly because it's on my list of "to read" books and it is available at the library right now.

14 Comments:

Blogger Lorissa said...

You could read the Cliff's Notes version of the book? GOOD LUCK TO JOHN ON HIS INTERVIEW!!!

10:19 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

Oh I covet those sprinkler gnomes ~ how cute! Good luck to John on his interview ~ I'll be waiting to hear how it all went and good luck with the midwifey appointment today, I'm sure it will be good as well.
100 Years is a bit difficult to get through but it has one of my most favorite endings of any book. Maybe some other time, you'll pick it up and it will be a breeze to read.

11:42 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

i loved reviving ophelia...
i think i read it first
for a womens studies course
and then i read it again
by my choice...

i bought 100 days of solitude
but haven't started it yet.

i just finished reading
the wonder spot by melissa banks...
if you get a chance
you should read it...
it was good.

and those gnomes are too cute
:)

2:27 PM  
Blogger OnlyGirl said...

Good luck to John on his interview and to you at your appointment! Did you wait to find out the gender of the other two as well? How fun. You are almost halfway already, it's going by so fast for you.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to both of you!!!

3:47 PM  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

dig the gnomes!

6:55 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Wishing a good luck to Jonh on his interview!
The gnomes are very cute!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

i love those gnomes...very cute. So glad john had an interview today...:) very cool...and i never even heard of that book...i never read :(

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!
I tried to read that book a several times in college. When I was taking Spanish 101/102 I even thought that maybe it would be better to try and read it in it's original language. Then, I ran across a French translation and, since I was more fluent in French at the time, I tried that, too. I must have been CRAZY.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one to drop that one. (I can't make it past the first 30 or so pages of The Hobbit either after I don't know how many tries!)

12:21 AM  
Blogger embee said...

oh i just love those lawn gnomes! i keep looking for some whenever i go shopping. :)

3:59 AM  
Blogger JeepGirl said...

well good luck with the interview. those are always butterfly events.

have fun with the ultrasound, i always loved having those.

i love the photos ! santa is always watching you !

12:21 PM  
Blogger Java Mom said...

Love the little gnomes!!! So sweet!!! Not sure if they would go in my yard but I know my kids would love them...have you seen the little Fairy gnome doors they sell on e-bay? Very sweet......

Hope you have a nice appt....

I'm wishing your hubby luck on his job interview. My hubby got laid off back in the jan/feb and it was a very stressful time.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG these gnome sprinkler guards are perfect!
Good Luck to John on his interview.
So is it a girl or a boy?
Hope you'll post and let us all know.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Hope the interview was great and he gets a job offer tomorrow.

I have been wanting to read reviving ophelia-maybe I will see if I can rent it for the beach.

I admire your ability to wait to find out the sex of the baby. I have no tolerance for surprise.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home