four sweetpeas -->

Friday, June 09, 2006

Grateful Friday

DSC06266
Ug, I'm feeling sooo tired and drained right now. The kids are both getting up a couple times a night lately, and I always am slow to get back to sleep, on top of that I woke up with Jack's cold this morning. I'm grateful that the kids are happily watching Max and Ruby right now so I can write this. I have my first appointment at the birth center this week. I'm so grateful to finally have insurance that will cover the expenses there (thanks medi-cal), and I'm grateful to finally get to have a check up. I can't wait to hear the little heart beat. The only thing I'm not looking forward to about seeing my midwife is the monthly weight check. For some reason when I'm pregnant I gain weigh very very easily. I watch what I eat and even probably eat less and so much healthier than usually, I exercise daily, and still pack on pounds. I've already gained 15 pounds and I'm only a little less than 4 months pregnant. And the really sucky part is my midwife is a real advocate for not needing to gain to much weight. So anyway I've been eating a lot of salads lately, which brings we to the next thing I'm grateful for sesame honey baked tofu. I slice it up and put it on my salad and it's so yummy. Lastly I'm grateful for Nina over at the wholeself sending me a beautiful little pin she made, as well as a cute little sewn card and some ribbon and also some little stickers for my kids. Thanks so much Nina, it was such a treat getting the mail that day.

8 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

How exciting! I always love hearing that heartbeat for the first time. Don't worry too much about the weight gain, 15 lbs isn't bad. I had gained well over that for my third when I was 4 months. It will come off easily afterwards.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Heth said...

That pic is TOO MUCH cuteness for one post. I love it.

11:43 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

I always love coming to read on Friday's. I love baked tofu and hadn't really thought about it in salads.

1:05 PM  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

oh girlie...so strange last nite.
i dreamt about you and stella. jack was in the later part. i don't know why. did i comment on yesterdays entry? i don't know but it was such a sweet dream.

happy weekend!

2:00 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

that pic is adorable...
they are so cute
:)

and i'm glad to hear that
you are able to get the care
that you want and need,
that is always a relief!

:)

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that picture! And isn't happy mail the best? It always makes my day too :)

8:11 AM  
Blogger nina beana said...

glad you liked your treats!

your body is going to tell you what it needs to do...try not to get caught up in the weight madness. it can really be maddening. i gained 65 lbs. with both of my kiddies, but luckily i had pretty supportive staff who didn't seem to mind too much (my feet on the other hand...) :)

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read your blog for the first time. I am a full time working mom and just adore any blogs by hard working moms all over the world. When you said you were worried about being interesting i thought I am never bored by hearing from another in the position of raising little ones. Always interesting and so I'm writing to say I love your blog and thanks for a little sunshine today!

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home