four sweetpeas -->

Thursday, June 15, 2006

16 weeks

DSC06509
I had my first appointment yesterday with my midwife. It was so wonderful to walk into the birth center again. Jack was born there and it brought back so many memories, seeing all the same people working there. Ruth is my midwife and Alethea will be my doula/Ruth's helper, and Kathy will be the nurse who will attend. Those three do it all. My appointment went great. I got to hear the heartbeat. With all 3 babies I felt nervous until I heard the heartbeat, then a wave of comfort comes over me and I know my little one is really there and alright. We did lots of paperwork, going over my old file making sure info was still the same. The best part for me (besides hearing the heartbeat) was just being back at "The Birth Center". It's such a warm comfortable place. Really it looks just like a house but it was converted into clinic offices and the other half is a huge birthing room. So far this pregnancy has been pretty much just like the others, very smooth and easy. I think I was built to be pregnant of something because it's such a breeze for me. I really enjoy being pregnant (well at least up until the last couple months). This will be our last though. I know my limits and three is it.

10 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

Congratulations. I know it's such a relief to hear the heartbeat! I love the pregnant pendant ~ very cool. Will you find out the sex of the baby??

8:33 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

No we are going to wait to find out the sex of the baby.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay, so happy you're having a great pregnancy.

10:10 AM  
Blogger nina beana said...

this sounds great. i'm so happy for you to be having such a positive experience. my dream job would be working as a doula at a place like you describe. how wonderful and powerful to have places like this.

11:00 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

yay for reassurances
and comfort...

everything sounds great!
:)

and i see you are reading
100 years of solitude,
how is it so far?

12:02 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I love that pendant! Enjoy your last pregnancy :)

2:38 PM  
Blogger angela said...

oh yay! the heartbeat, one of my parts of pregnancy!

7:27 PM  
Blogger asianarnold1 said...

cool pic. i know that keychain. gretchen's got the "itch" now. ;-)

9:37 AM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Congrats on hearing the heartbeat.

I too loved being pregnant-even though it isn't easy for me-very sick, acid reflux-bed rest the last month and then had baby at 37 weeks.

I still loved it though:)

6:09 PM  
Blogger GoGo said...

I love the photo. Good luck with the new baby and midwife!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home