four sweetpeas -->

Monday, May 08, 2006

We had an excellent weekend. Thank you for all your well wishes and prayers for my mother in law. She is doing great. Already calling us daily from the hospital room with requests. She is a spunky little lady with lots of life still in her. As for John's job we are still waiting to hear on that.
DSC06151
Saturday we went to Ancil Hoffman park. It's only 20 minutes away from us. Sacramento is such an amazing city. In the middle of it there is this huge nature preserved. We saw deer and wild turkeys, hiked for a couple hours and made our way to the river and threw rocks in.
DSC06172
We love it there, there are so many trails and things to explore.
DSC06176
Later on we took the kids to the park to fly kites. It was Jacks first time. It was so fun watching him, he would get really excited and let go of the string every time. It was hilarious watching John run after the string trying to grab it. By co-op the kids were so tired. John and I ate Japanese food and met some friends to walk around Old Sacramento. I love the weekends and am always a little sad when Monday comes along.

7 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

that sounds like a perfect weekend. Great picture of Jack and the kite.
I haven't flown a kite in quite a while . .

9:02 AM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

that sounds awesome...u never tell me these exciting things when i talk to you :)....I LOVE that cute pic of stella and that pic of jack flying the spiderman kite...i have not flown a kite in forever, but i know i always loved it!

9:19 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

great weekend!

and i agree...
it is always a little sad
when monday inevitably comes back.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Heth said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Glad things are going great. I wish I had time right now to go kite flying! Maybe after I graduate.

11:30 AM  
Blogger angela said...

we just dug out the kites over here, my girl flew that thing like she had done it her whole life.
i love your girl in the grass blade braid, what a princess!

12:29 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Sounds really great and I love the pics.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home