four sweetpeas -->

Thursday, May 11, 2006

New shorts

DSC06207
I made these shorts for Stella a few days ago. I love the material so much, I got it at a huge fabric rummage sale. I hope to make some pants for her with it next winter too. I think I might just stop going to sewing class. Really there are no formal lessons, you just come in with a project and get help with it. I really love it, but lately John has been gone so much taking care of his mom, by the end of the day I just really want to be home with him if he is here. I think I had a bit of a romantic view of what it meant to take care of our parents once they start getting old and needed help. The reality is it's really hard. It's not all, sitting around and chatting, and getting them a drink of water once in awhile. We really aren't even doing all that much for John's mom right now, but what we are doing seems overwhelming. Anyway I'm drifting from my original subject aren't I, oops. I guess maybe I'll need to make a "taking care of our sick parents post" sometime soon.

7 Comments:

Blogger gkgirl said...

the fabric and shorts are both great
but what is even greater
is your bond with your husband
and you ability and willingness
to be in tune to his needs
as well as your families
as well as your own....
that is certainly alot.

:)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Those shorts are so pretty.

I bet it is tiring and quite an adjustment adding the responsibilty of taking care (no matter how much).

Hope you and John get some special time together this weekend.

10:43 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

The shorts are so cute and it's great that you've become such a seamstress! I was talking to my hub tonight about needing an area to sew, craft, etc. I've figured out a good solution and my own space is coming soon ~ hurray!

5:13 PM  
Blogger nina beana said...

cute cute shorties.

good luck with the family. and get all the snuggles with the hubbs in that you can, mama!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

I love them!! Gosh, you have gotten so good at the sewing...i wish i knew how to do all that! They really look great. I am sorry that u guys seem to be dealing with so much right now. It will get better...it has to soon. :) Maybe i will eat breakfast with u on saturday too..I miss u.

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I just found your blog yesterday through a link on SelfPortraitTuesday and have been cruising through some of your archives. Its official. You are my new favorite blog! I love the way you think- about life, God, and being a mama. Reading your posts made my day a little brighter because I feel like there is someone out there who I can relate to! Thanks for sharing. Happy Friday!

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You impress me so much when you share these projects. That is a talent I wish I had. She is adorable, the outfit is adorable. I hope things calm down for both of you with your parents and the job thing is figured out soon.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home