four sweetpeas -->

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Happy Birthday John

DSC00308
John's birthday was yesterday. He decided to call in that morning to work and use a vacation day. A day off work to celebrate his birthday, perfect. John is an amazing man, he is the kindest hearted man you will ever meet. He is patient and adventurous, and a super father. The day before John's birthday the company he works for decided to outsource to India and move out of California, laying of the 500 or so people working here. John was included in that. He has until August 31st and then he'll be out of work. During all of this and for the last month when the rumors of layoff were flying about, John has stayed optimistic while I've worried and cried. He has always really been that way, in the face of hard times John shines. He is hopeful and faithful. We've been through this before. Right before I got pregnant with Jack ,John and I were layed off in a company wide layoff with WorldCom. He looked for nine months, worked a few temp jobs , and finally, was scheduled to start his new job (the one he was just layed off from) on the day Jack was born. It is hard expecting a new baby and being unemployed, it's even harder now that we have 2 already. I thank God for John and his devotion to his family, for his optimism, for his sense of humor. I know that we will make it through just fine. I love you babe.

13 Comments:

Blogger Heidi R. said...

oh, Heather...that was so sweet. You are right though, u will get through it one way or another.

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday to your love Heather.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

How sweet, Heather.
Happy Birthday to John!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Happy Birthday John!

So sorry he was cut- that really stinks. It seems like he is strong of mind and spirit-I hope he finds an even better job real soon.

10:08 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

so sweet...
and touching...

i hope that something
bigger and better
falls into your lap
very very soon
:)

and happy b'day john!

10:38 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

Happy Birthday to a wonderful (sounding since we've never met) man. It will all work out and I'm sorry about the out-sourcing to India. It's my husband Marc's biggest pet peeve!

3:42 PM  
Blogger angela said...

oh man, sorry he was laid off, hope you were able to enjoy the day together.

5:04 PM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

what a beautiful picture and wonderful tribute to your husband. I am so sorry to hear about his lay-off and I can completely relate--especially with your worries and fears...i handled it like you, my husband handles it look john...I'll be praying for a quick solution to the situation and peace and calm in the midst of the unknown-for you. xx.

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...here I go delurking to say that yesterday was my birthday and all brilliant wonderful people are born on that day. :-)

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your lovely Husband. (Handsome, too.) My Husband's was last weekend.

I will be keeping your family in my prayers during this time.

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Heather!
Thanks for playing . .you have 'J'!

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated Birthday wishes to your wonderful hubby. Holding good thoughts for you guys that everything will work out.

12:23 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Happy Birthday John!
(Sorry my belated wishes)

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home