four sweetpeas -->

Friday, May 12, 2006

Grateful Friday

DSC06238
Little Red Riding Hood doesn't look as stressed out as her cat does, but I bet she is. I'm so stressed by the idea of John loosing his job. We'll know by Tuesday. I want to relax and just trust God that it's all going to work out. But It's so hard. I have moments where I can just let go, have faith, and breath, but they are only moments. There is a small chance they won't be shutting down his whole site, and some will be spared, so we are holding onto that small hope. I'm really happy I started doing these grateful Fridays, because it really does make me realize that even when things aren't going great, I still have so much to be grateful for.

- My family, the immeasurable amount of love we feel for each other will get us through anything.
- Mothers day. I love this day, because I love my mom so much, and because I get treated special.
- My new Weleda Sea Buckthorn body oil. I love the citrus smell, and the hopes of no new streach marks with this pregnancy.
- The Hippies are still in the Amazing Race.
- My new sun hat.
- My new love of vegi sushi (is it still called sushi if there is no raw fish in it?)
- Cookie magazine.
- My sister's funny blog today.
- My kids love helping do the dishes and laundry.
- Orange Dream machine at Jamba Juice
- Pasta with Trader Joe's pesto, sun dried tomatoes, and sauted mushrooms.
- Talking to Heidi everyday.
- Cuddling with John at night.

comment: ha!!! irene's comment made me laugh. Ok it was my first time at a suchi place and since I'm pregnant I can't eat raw fish, so I ordered something fish free. Was it sushi? was it a srping roll? I don't know what it's called, but it looked like sushi looks. I'd like to say I ate sushi, so that is what i'm going to call it for now. It sounds so exotic and hip to say you eat sushi. It was on the sushi menu, it had a Japanese looking name, it had cold rice ....I ATE SUSHI PEOPLE!!!! :)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

vegi sushi? VEGI SUSHI????

10:49 AM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Hugs to you Heather. I hope all goes as hoped.

Your list is full of real goodies.

Grateful Friday is great- I think I saw it here first and I am truly grateful.

Thanks

11:04 AM  
Blogger Heth said...

That photo is great. I love the way kids play. (It was the kids right? You weren't playing dinos were you?)

Great list once again. And I think you can TOTALLY say you ate sushi. Bleh, you can have mine.

11:51 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

I wish I could have time with my sister. I got a big kick and smile out of your photo today, yes kitty looks stressed.
I'm crossing my fingers that you guys fare well during this restructuring at John's office. Happy Mama's day!!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Chrissie Grace said...

Happy Mothers Day to you, and I will say a prayer for you and your family. All will be fine no matter what happens...
:):):)
Chrissie

4:43 AM  
Blogger angela said...

oh the photo is great fun!
and I like what Grateful Friday does for you, keeps perspective...

5:23 AM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

hopefully everything will turn out okay...remember when u guys both lost your job at worldcom? You still got through the days...it'll all work out one way or another and if it doesn't, i suppose everyone could fit into my room in my house...:)...just kidding...i love talking to you everyday also :)!! AND...this pic is too funny and cute!!!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Heather! Holding a good thought re John's job...

11:32 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

happy (belated) mothers day to you
and what a great-grateful friday!

loving the photo
:)

10:36 AM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

I'm also going to miss the sushi! I don't mind giving up wine for 9 months + breastfeeding period, but Sushi? LOL - that's a toughie! By the way - when are you due? I'm due approx. Jan 11th 2007! So excited for you as well!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home