four sweetpeas -->

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Grateful Friday

I know it's only Thursday, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get on the computer tomorrow if it's anything like today. I just put the kids down for a nap, they have been especially winy and clingy the last couple days. It's been a bit stressful around here lately. John's mom has been having mini heart attacks for the last month. At least once a week we have gotten a panicked call from her needing to go to the ER, or her med-alert people have called saying she is on the way to the hospital. She finally got the tests she needed and it showed that her heart was all clogged up, barely working. This morning she went in for open heart surgery. She needed 5 bi-passes. She got out about 30 minutes ago and we aren't really sure how it went, only that she is alive. If that weren't enough family stress, John's work is threatening to close down their California office, so by the end of the month we will know if John will be layed off or not. UG!! Anyway I think all of this drama is stressing not only us out but the kids too. I do have so much to be grateful though for, so here is this weeks list.

- Maryann is out of surgery
- Getting to watch Easy Rider tomorrow night
- The smell of fresh oregano and thyme from our herb garden on my fingers
- Going to Fairy Tale Town with my friend Melissa and her kids yesterday
- My kids soft skin
- Salads at Chipotle
- Philipians 4:6-7

13 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Good for you, for still pointing out the good, in the midst of the bad. I'll be sending good thoughts your way for John's job and his mom.

1:02 PM  
Blogger nina beana said...

cyberhugs!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

My thoughts are with you guys.

2:25 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I hope everything works out for John's office ~ ugh is right! I'm glad your MIL is out of surgery and I hope she's doing good, fast recovery as well. I'm sorry for all the stress ~ my thoughts and prayers are with you.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

What a stressful week!

I have one 14 month old who has been clingy and whiny for the past 2weeks- I can only imagine how tough two would be. I am sure you are tired from pregnancy too.

Glad his mom is out of surgery.

Hugs

4:54 PM  
Blogger angela said...

my thoughts are with you and your family.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((hugs)))
and you are in my prayers Heather.

12:06 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

wow...
so much at once...
that's hard.

and you are probably right
that the kids are likely
picking up on the stress...
they can be so perceptive
no matter how hard we try to
protect them...

hugs to you
and i'm hoping for all the best
possible outcomes from this...
hang in there..

4:16 AM  
Blogger Pixie said...

I will be praying for you guys! I love the way you were still able to point out the things you love. What a wonderful attitude. :)

8:27 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

when life gets you down--be grateful...it's wonderful that you are still finding blessing and beauty in your life amidst a lot of stress. I know, know, KNOW that it is very hard sometimes...I will thinking and praying for you. Keep us all posted....

2:09 PM  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

big hugs to the four sweet peas!
wow you have had a stressfull week
and kudos for still finding your blessings.

thoughts and prayers coming your way!

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pic.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

how was easy rider? i have never seen it either. Chipotle salads sound good, although i need to stay away from there for a bit :)AND also am very happy that Maryann is doing so well :)

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home