four sweetpeas -->

Friday, May 26, 2006

Grateful Friday and Slow Down

Molly over at Mollycoddle in a few posts back talked about slowing down and enjoying the moments of our day. I don't tend to have a lot of errands or things scheduled into my days, but I still find myself rushing through things. Like hurry up and make lunch and get the kids to bed, or hurry up and post this blog, or hurry up and clean this house before John gets home . My mind tends to be racing even if my body is not. Today I did have a few errands to run. My friend Gretchen watched the kids while I went to an appointment, usually after I would speed back to the kids, not wanting to inconvenience Gretchen(though she never makes me feel that way), not wanting to feel like I"m taking advantage. Well today after my appointment I decided to force myself to slow down and enjoy a moment. I went and sat at a park and watched the ducks and then I went over to the library and checked out a couple of books. It was only about 30 extra minutes, but they were mine and I enjoyed them. Thanks Gretchen and thanks Molly for reminding me to enjoy life.
1. Mary J. Blidge and Prince singing on the American Idol finale.
2. Finding my lost fuzzy warm hoodie stuffed behind the couch.
3. The "Sage Mountain" herbal school article in my latest Body and Soul magazine.
4. Dolly Partons voice.
5. Cranberry juice and 7up.
6. Gretchen watching my kids today while I go to see if I qualify for Medi-cal.
7. Molly reminding me to slow down and enjoy each moment this week.
8. Winning a bet with John and getting the "massage of my life" tonight.
9. Going to the county fair tomorrow.
10. Getting 2 books at the library today "My Friend Leonard" by James Frey and "As I Lay Dying" by Faulkner. It feels good to start reading again after a little reading break.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a massage!!!! I'm sooo jealous!!!!

11:41 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I really want to read My Friend Leonard. I don't slow down much either and it's a good message to remember. I'm jealous of the country fair; I love them.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

i love this snail pic...so, we are all dying to know if the massage was the best of a lifetime massage? :)

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The massage of your life? Now THAT's how to win a bet! :)

9:50 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

oh...you so need to let me know
how you like my friend leonard,
its on my list of have-to-someday-read

and great idea to slowwwwdown.
i think we all need that reminder.

have a great weekend!
:)

6:01 AM  
Blogger GJ said...

You are so right - I find myself hurrying to much of the time but for no obvious reason. Thanks for the reminder to SLOW DOWN. (and Dolly Parton RULES!)

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your photo made me laugh. My Husband and I have tracked two SLUGS into our carpet over the weekend. Our very light tan carpet.

YUCK>

6:43 AM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

I would love to get a massage tonight. Maybe I will ask for one.

Great list. I loved Price's performance, but I missed Mary's.

I rush around a lot too. Isn't it amazing how much a slow half hour can give you?

Thanks for the reminder. I will have to try it too.

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want one. Can I get a massage. Seriously? I have never had one, been tempted but get nervous about the nekkid thing.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

I know exactly what you mean about your mind racing, even when your body is not. Good for you for slowing down. I need to learn that lesson myself!

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home