four sweetpeas -->

Thursday, April 20, 2006

DSC05807
This is what Jack thinks of my smoothie. He always asks for a little, then he either doesn't drink it, or her pours his cheerios into it, or he spreads it all over the table. So he doesn't get any now. Jack is sick today. Very whiny and cranky and feverish. Stella however is very energetic and feisty, the combination is a little hard to handle. Jack's 3rd birthday is next week Friday. I haven't planned anything yet, well in my head I have a little, but I need to get some invitations out asap. I feel pressure whenever birthday time comes along. I want Jack to have so much fun and for it to be a really special day for him, but the party planning is a bit intimidating. I feel like there should be a theme and food and games and favors. I just don't feel like figuring it all out right now. I will though, I do my best planning last minute anyway. I also want to thank you all for the congratulations you gave me and my family for our pregnancy. I was touched by all of your beautiful comments. Thank you.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm intimidated by party planning as well. I want a beautiful shindig for Nick's first (in November) but... the basement won't be finished by then and the amount of people we HAVE to invite (ah, big families) won't fit solely in the upstairs. So, what to do, what to do. Sigh.

But now I want a smoothie.

9:11 AM  
Blogger moby said...

Oooo .... smoothie smudgies on the table. Nice! That's toddler abstract art for you there! :D

Hope Jack feels better real soon!

9:24 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

I'm so not good at party planning. That's why I've had Ava's party at places instead of our home. But I've been to really great parties at people's homes and these are a few hits with the kids:

freeze dance
pin the tail on the....
pinata
decorate big sugar cookies

You know how I feel now about smoothies (= but Ava doesn't do smoothies. It was like sticking her with a knife to even take one sip and then, because of the tiny berry seed, she grimaced and wanted me to wipe it out of her mouth, nice.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

My kids wouldn't have smoothies either, until I stuck a straw in mine. Now they slurp them up. Anything that comes via straw must be good in their book. Kids - wierd.

10:00 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

PS. I'm sorry Jack is sick and Stella is bouncing, doesn't make it easy, especially when your body is still getting used to being pregnant.
Also, when ordering grilled cheese at In-n-Out, do I ask for it animal style? Sounds like a great compromise because while I do remember the deliciousness of the hamburgers, I can't go there but I love the place.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Yea, just say "grilled cheese animal style" it's a grilled cheese sandwich with grilled onions, they may have other specialties but i'm not sure what they are, they supposedly have a bunch of stuff that isn't on the menu.

11:36 AM  
Blogger nina beana said...

it's birthday-planning time here, too! feelin' the pressure. feelin' the smoothie rubbed all over the table.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know that closely resembles my own childrens ideas on my smoothies. Even though I think they are delightful!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Zoe said...

I have a hard time with planning birthdays because I feel like the expectations are so high! Kids love it no matter what . . . as long as they know that they are special.

I hope Jack feels better soon.

2:57 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

ahhh...
i always have big plans
or
is that i plan to have
big plans
but then i procrastinate
until the last minute
and end up hosting a freeforall
on the trampoline
and hot dogs for lunch...
heh.

:)

6:38 PM  
Blogger --erica said...

Love this pic!
We have that table..we don't fit at it anymore, so it's just for homework though :)

7:39 AM  
Blogger j. vorwaller said...

hahaha!! thats hilarious! how are you liking nick hornby so far?

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home