four sweetpeas -->

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Road Trip Part 2

Ok I couldn't resist making one more post about our road trip.

1. Portland Oregon. There were cows everywhere, colorful, painted cows. An artist was displaying their cow art all over town for a few weeks. They were pretty cows.

2. We met Andy in Idaho, he was riding his bike across America. He just wanted to do it no other reason.

3. Mitchel's Corn Palace. The outside of this building was made entirely of corn. It was weird. The inside of the building had displays and artwork and information about corn.

4. Gladys and Mable two mascots we picked up along the way now live in my travel journal.

5. The Niagara falls tour. We are happy in this picture, but the day before we got in the worst fight we have ever been in. I almost threw his wedding ring over the falls and contemplated spending the night sleeping under some bushes in the park. I think we were just really sick of each other at that point. 3 weeks driving and camping will do that to you.

6. Lincoln memorial in Washington D.C. This town was one of our favorites.

7. We were in New York 10 months after 9/11. It was shocking and sobering to see all the memorials and ground zero. We were there for the 4th of July celebration.

8. Maine, we lost a whole roll of film of Maine. John thinks he accidentally threw it out :(

9. "Whitey" the official mascot of our trip.

10. "Hole in the Wall" I think this was in Utah or Colorado, this man built a whole house in this rock. It was amazing, there were bedrooms, a kitchen, bathrooms. He stuffed that mule in the back, that was gross.

11. Utah, I think this was Tetons national park, I don't want to go look it up right now. It was close to the city of Moab though, I remember that for some reason. It was pretty and very hot there.

12. Stinky and poo poo

13. Route 66

14. Graceland. We didn't actually go into Graceland, this was the cheap museum tour across the street.

15. The Luxor. Our last official stop was Las Vegas. We loved it. We loved it so much that we conceived Jack here. Right there in the Luxor, you get no more details, so don't ask :) We came back from our road trip with a little souvener in my belly.

16. repeat, oops.

We have hundreds of other photos, so many places we saw. Someday we hope to do it again with the kids. Imagine a month or 2 in an rv, what a blast that would be.

8 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

Great photos and yes, there's nothing I've ever seen more sobering and sad, than the WTC. Isn't Niagra Falls just the coolest ever? We've been 2x although I've never done the Maiden of the Mist tour....someday.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

i thought this post was cool..I loved the story about you "almost" throwing the ring over the falls...it made me giggle.(even though it was not supposed to be funny) :)

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, I would love to go on a road trip sounds so much fun! thanks for sharing!!!

10:29 PM  
Blogger angela said...

what a wonderful collage, and the stories are great.
i liked the niagra falls story, glad you didn't sleep in the bushes though :)

1:03 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

love the road trip!!! I'm always interested in people's trips!!

4:45 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

glad you added to the story...
and it was a great story
for sure
:)

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your photo collages. They tell us so much about you!

4:53 AM  
Blogger JeepGirl said...

Oh too funny! My hubby and I went to Vegas a couple of years ago and that were Billy was conceived. We weren't trying but we weren't stopping it from happening. I guess what they say is wrong. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
hehehe

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home