four sweetpeas -->

Monday, April 24, 2006

Brown Paper Packages

One of my favorite songs to sing to the kids is "my favorite things" from The Sound of Music. I attack them with dog bites and bee stings at the appropriate time and they love it. Yesterday I opened the front door and there was a brown paper package tied up with string. John sat grinning on the couch as I picked it up.
DSC05939
I had had a rough morning with the kids and was feeling a little down when John left to go to the store. I was sure while he was gone he was going to bring me home a little something. Nothing big, a magazine, a candy bar, something to brighten my day. Well when he didn't, my feeling were hurt, I pouted, I felt sorry for myself. Yes I know how pathetic this sounds, anyway little did I know that John HAD gotten me a little something but was keeping it a secret. So later on when I opened the door, and found this brown paper package I felt a mixture of shame and joy. Shame for doubting that John was thinking of me, present or not, and joy because he HAD thought of me, not only thought of me, but remembered one of my favorite songs which made the gift even more special.
DSC05961
Inside the box was this beautiful skirt with wonderful little gold swirls and teeny tiny little charms that jingle just a little bit when I walk. I love you John, thanks for encouraging me and loving me.

16 Comments:

Blogger Heidi R. said...

ahhhh...that is so sweet!!!

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwwww.....

10:45 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

How sweet of him! You've got a good one there.

11:02 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

sweet sweet sweet!

he's a keeper.

:)

4:31 PM  
Blogger OnlyGirl said...

You got yourself a good man there! :)

4:43 PM  
Blogger GJ said...

John rules.

6:29 PM  
Blogger angela said...

WOWZERS!
that is the nicest thing I've read today :)

a keeper for sure!!!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Heth said...

Twenty points for John. That's awesome.

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a fella you've got there! Not only does he do something that sweet, but he has good taste too! What a pretty skirt.

I'm with gkgirl, he's a keeper!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I found your blog through a knitting blog that I read. Congrats on your pregnancy. I have 3 small children also.

I live close to you. I am up I Pollock Pines and my parents live close to Sac.

Your children are just beautiful.

8:41 PM  
Blogger --erica said...

what romance!

8:51 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

What a wondeful package tied up with string and what a BEAUTIFUL skirt and photo. I love that you will glow in its circumference.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

That my dear is a gorgeous skirt.

What a wonderful, caring gift.

It is special that he is so in tune with you.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's a keeper! Sounds just like mine, aren't we lucky girls.

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweetie! I love singing that song to my girl, too.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh now, that is so adorably sweet!

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home