four sweetpeas -->

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Pork Buns

One of the many things I love about my husband is his love of other cultures and their food. The first thing he wanted to eat when we got to China Town a couple weeks ago was pork buns. He came out of the little shop with a bag of sweet bean buns and pork buns and we all munched down. He has a strange love and devotion to Kim Chee (Pickled cabbage) a Korean food. The last time we ate Mexican he ordered a huge bowl of Menudo (which had cow intestines in it I believe). He loves all curries and has chowed down on the weekly goat our African neighbors bbq (they bring a whole dead goat home, chop the head off and burn off all the hair, I can not describe the smell). He loves the people too, I remember saying a few times after we were married that John was a really a Chinese man stuck inside a white man's body. I thought he would eat Chinese food everyday if he could. I guess his side of our wedding party shows it too, His brother (white), Sam(Fijian), Noble(Chinese), and Charles(African American). So anyway this is one of the many things I love about John. He just loves people and he has genuine curiosity and respect for everyone. I love that he will influence our kids to do the same.

7 Comments:

Blogger la vie en rose said...

that is a very admirable characteristic!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Good for him! I'm so the opposite; I'm scared to try new things which is bad. I've never even heard of pork buns.

11:23 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

what a great trait to have...
such diversity
and possiblity
and open mindedness...

:)

1:33 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

That is wonderful that your hubby is like that. I wish I was willing to try different foods like that.

Love your ocean picture, makes me so want to be there.

How cool is it that you are taking dance lessons wtih your hubby and also very romantic.

Hugs Suz

1:36 PM  
Anonymous yolie said...

Oooooo, you got a good one! Husband I mean. He sounds like a charm. It's a beautiful thing to be so accepting and open to other cultures.
I love Kim Chee too!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Server Girl said...

wow! that is so awesome. John is a pretty cool guy. It is great that the kids will expierence all these types of food and cultures. :)

4:37 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

what a great tribute to your husband. i adore anyone who relishes diversity

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home