four sweetpeas -->

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Pork Buns

One of the many things I love about my husband is his love of other cultures and their food. The first thing he wanted to eat when we got to China Town a couple weeks ago was pork buns. He came out of the little shop with a bag of sweet bean buns and pork buns and we all munched down. He has a strange love and devotion to Kim Chee (Pickled cabbage) a Korean food. The last time we ate Mexican he ordered a huge bowl of Menudo (which had cow intestines in it I believe). He loves all curries and has chowed down on the weekly goat our African neighbors bbq (they bring a whole dead goat home, chop the head off and burn off all the hair, I can not describe the smell). He loves the people too, I remember saying a few times after we were married that John was a really a Chinese man stuck inside a white man's body. I thought he would eat Chinese food everyday if he could. I guess his side of our wedding party shows it too, His brother (white), Sam(Fijian), Noble(Chinese), and Charles(African American). So anyway this is one of the many things I love about John. He just loves people and he has genuine curiosity and respect for everyone. I love that he will influence our kids to do the same.

5 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Good for him! I'm so the opposite; I'm scared to try new things which is bad. I've never even heard of pork buns.

11:23 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

what a great trait to have...
such diversity
and possiblity
and open mindedness...

:)

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooo, you got a good one! Husband I mean. He sounds like a charm. It's a beautiful thing to be so accepting and open to other cultures.
I love Kim Chee too!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

wow! that is so awesome. John is a pretty cool guy. It is great that the kids will expierence all these types of food and cultures. :)

4:37 PM  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

what a great tribute to your husband. i adore anyone who relishes diversity

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home