four sweetpeas -->

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Fueled by a raging 2 day headache and a case of cabin fever I packed the kids into the double strolled and walked to our neighborhood Starbucks.
We only live less than a mile away from this Starbucks but in the 2 years we've lived here I've never walked over there with the kids. Mainly because I have to walk on a very busy street and manuver through Food Source's gigantic parking lot, but today, with all medication failing I new that the coffee and fresh air might bring me relief.
Of course we had to stop at Food Source first for my favorite treat in the world. I think there might be some addictive ingredient in carob because I just can not stop eating these things.
Anyway we made it to Starbucks. My headache is now completely gone, and the kids were happy to be out in the world. So today is looking up, as a bonus James Blunt was on TRL today singing "Your Beautiful", and I practically threw my back out dancing to Shakira's new song "Hips Don't Lie"...love it.

12 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

Nice day and I'm glad your headache is gone. Like you, our closest Starbucks is about 1 mile in either direction, with busy streets.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

I have so been there~ today I met my friend at the mall, we both felt stir crazy and our babes enjoyed getting out too.

I can't wait til spring!

7:08 PM  
Blogger --erica said...

You are a very brave woman! I'm so glad your headache is gone!!
--now I'm CRAVING starbucks!!!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't had carob malt balls in a hundred years...but you just reminded me how much I used to love 'em... :)

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh I had the same double stroller!!! I've been there!!!

you know what saved my life though? getting rid of it and buy the McLaren Rally Twin double stroller.

1:32 AM  
Blogger Lorissa said...

Sorry I told you about the "free" coffee thing too late. Coffee is my secret weapon against headaches (if you don't drink it all the time).

7:59 AM  
Blogger GJ said...

My office is less than a mile from a Starbucks and a gourmet chocolate shop. Yesterday afternoon AJ and I took a little trip, and I ended up spending $8 on five pieces of chocolate!!!!! WHAT!!!! (and the five pieces were not all for me, I was sharing with two other people)

8:29 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

i am so glad you
destroyed
the headache...
evil evil headaches...

and i love that
james blunt song
:)
my daughter (ten)
says she cries
everytime she hears it for
some reason...

9:49 AM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

u are so funny...i have not heard that shakira song yet!

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been taking walks with my son as often as weather permits lately, and it's been so refreshing. You make me want to go get carob candies! Yum!

9:58 PM  
Blogger angela said...

walking and coffee,
my sanity savers

vanilla soy latte
so good

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh girl can I sympathize I have had horrible headaches lately. I hope that it continues to stay away because it just plain sucks.

I am glad you got out and I am so impressed, resisting SB's for two years. Wow! I am glad the closest one is 45 minutes away or else I would be subtracting all those calories from my diet! Dang I love that place.

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home