four sweetpeas -->

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Take me to the river

One of Jack's favorite places to go is the river. Everytime we cross the bridge he yells for us to stop.
DSC04772
So we went out there this weekend and threw some rocks. The weather was beautiful and it was very relaxing to just sit and look at the water and watch the kids have fun.

Stella would pick up little rocks and hold them in her hand and sometimes try to throw one in too.
DSC04783
Jack is an expert thrower, he throws with his whole body and is very serious about it.

Thank you all for all the nice comments you left for my self portrait Tuesday yesterday. I love sharing my life with you all, and I love reading about your lives, good and bad. I love that with our blogs we can make each other feel a little more normal and a little less alone with our struggles and joys. I know I feel that way when I read some of your writings.

8 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

More neat pictures. I love the baby in the rocks too.

9:08 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

I used to go to Sacramento all the time when I was in college (roommate's mom lived in Davis) but I don't remember there being so many great things to do. I really think you and John have chosen a nice place to raise your family and the bonus of your family Heather being close by!

10:06 AM  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

we skipped rocks on sugar creek, as kids. it is still something i love to do. there is something so peaceful about water. and your last post really hit home. it is something that affects most every
woman i know.

happy wednesday girlie!

11:02 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

beautiful photos...
i love the one with stella
on all those different colored stones
wow.

11:54 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

What a beautiful photos! Sound you had a great time.

Thanks so much for your enthusiastic comment on my blog.
You are very nice, as always.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Alex S said...

Hello! I'm visiting your site today for the first time and very much enjoyed it and just wanted to let you know! Your self-portrait entry was very meaningful to me. I wish for all of us as women to see the beauty in our own faces and bodies. Its always been there and always will be.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

too cute...that sounds like a fun time!

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some adorable kiddos there and I am again jealous of your weather. Babe in the rocks was adorable!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home