four sweetpeas -->

Monday, February 27, 2006

The Longest Weekend

DSC05113
We took Jack to the Emergency Room yesterday. He has been sick for about 5 days now and yesterday he started having really bad intestinal cramps. Every 15 minutes or so he would scream out in pain ,plus his stomach was rock hard, so we called the Dr. and she said to take him right in saying he could have an twisted intestine or something. So we rushed down there (Thanks mom for watching Stella!!) and waited 5 hours. Wait did I just say 5 hours? O-yes I did...FIVE HOURS. 5 hours of Jack in pain, 5 hours of not so sick looking people going ahead of us, 5 hours of us reminding them we were there. Finally we came to our senses and left to go to a different ER where we were seen in about 30 minutes. In hour 4 of our ordeal Jack's fever had broken and he had stopped screaming in pain every few minutes, we were torn between just going home and continuing on. We figured it was better safe than sorry so stayed on our course. It turned out Jack was fine, he's just sick, no twisted intestine, just bad cramps. I'm glad we went though, it could have been something bad. We are all so tired today, the kids are still sick, but I can tell they are getting better. Hope you all are doing well, I havn't been able to spend much time on the computer. I look forward to catching up with you all when I can .

13 Comments:

Blogger Heidi R. said...

is john home today too? I can't believe it took so long at uc davis...that is just so freaking ridiculous. It makes me so mad...hmph....glad to see he is okay though! :)

9:19 AM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Hope Jack feels better soon.

11:36 AM  
Blogger GJ said...

WOW. That is insane that it took so long....I'm sure you were going out of your mind. Glad to hear that things are looking up....

1:41 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Sorry Heather. )= There's nothing worse than the worry of your sick babe ~ I'm just glad he's fine and shame on the hospital that made you wait 5 hours.

1:55 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

oh my gollllly...
what an ordeal...
how awful and traumatizing
and scary for you...
hope things get better from here

:)

3:30 PM  
Blogger teega said...

so glad that Jacks Okay!

9:34 PM  
Blogger sara said...

That is so frightening...I'm so sorry you had to wait so long. We hear a lot of horror stories with the Aussie medical system, of long long waits, but five hours with a sick little boy is ridiculous by any standard. So glad he's better.

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh I can so relate... hours of waiting in the ER waiting room... glad that Jack is feeling better.
((hugs)) to you all.

2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor little guy! Sending healing wishes to all of you...

2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! You poor thing. You must be exhausted and relieved. What a horror show.
Hope you're all well soon.

8:04 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi Heather, I hope Jack feels better very soon. What a great angst that you had to wait that long. I wish a nice week to all the family!

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a night! Hope they are both better soon!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Oh, geez, what an awful experience! Sorry I'm just now getting to this, but I haven't been checking my regular blogs for a few days. Glad to hear that he's better.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home