four sweetpeas -->

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

East Bay Vivarium

On our way to San Francisco this weekend we stopped in Berkeley to go to the East Bay Vivarium.
It is the coolest place, filled with lizards and snakes and turtles. There were hundreds of them, maybe thousands.
DSC04900
Jack loved it, he screamed "daddy look" so many times it started driving us(and I'm sure those around us) crazy. It was cute though and fun to see him so excited.
I never realized how expensive some of these creatures are, some we saw were over 1000 dollars. If you are ever in Berkeley stop by here it's a sight to see. I did feel a little sad though all these little guys cages were so small. Shouldn't they be out living in the desert somewhere? Well, I'm sure they are well treated and go to good homes.

4 Comments:

Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

That place loooks like such fun. ALthough they make me a little sad, too...

11:59 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

Very cool. I can't wait until we go to Northern CA again soon, we've been talking about it! I'll use all of your cool treks and trips as a guide for what we'll do with our girl.

12:15 PM  
Blogger --erica said...

My kids would love it there! they are dying for a San Francisco trip!

9:26 PM  
Blogger teega said...

cool place...we have a bearded dragon (your last pic)at my CDI site where I work...he is so much fun and the kids love him!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home