four sweetpeas -->

Monday, January 30, 2006

Weekend Update

Happy Monday everyone!! We had a fun weekend. Last night at church my friend Lorissa gave me this beautiful painting she did. This picture is just a detail of it because my lighting is sooooo bad in the house and it's raining outside. I couldn't get a good picture for anything. Thank you Lorissa, I'm thrilled to have it.
John and I went out Saturday night. We hung out in a coffee shop called Panera
I am in love with their hot chocolate, they serve it in a big mug with lots of whipped cream on top.
Next we went to Old Sacramento to a little bar called The Back Door. They had this singer doing Sinatra and Bobby Darin. It was cozy and he was really funny.
The best part was these 2 guys came in with crazy hats on. One had a giant flamingo on his head and the other had a Mexican hat on with big colorful tassels all around the rim. They pulled up chairs right in front of the singer, stayed about 10 minutes and left. Have a good Monday!!

9 Comments:

Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

love love love panera...and really love sinatra. my 19 year old daughter has a few of his cds and she has old sinatra album covers of his in frames!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Sounds like fun. And I love the painting from your friend.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Heth said...

I just want to lick my screen, that hot chocolate looks delish!

1:40 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Sounds like a great time. I love that your friend made you a painting ~ do you know where you'll hang it?

2:10 PM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

What a nice painting. AND a night out, wow! Sounds like a great evening.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

i love that painting...very cool!!!
amd the back door is such a great place....weird about the two crazy guys dancing with hats because this old man came in and danced like a crazy man while we were there too...:)

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wannnnnnhhhh I want some of that hot chocolate. Yum! Sounds like a great weekend!

8:05 PM  
Blogger dani said...

love the painting!

5:22 PM  
Blogger tara said...

hey heather! huge panera fan here too!! our opened last summer, and i think i go "on average" once a week for their big ole mug of carmel latte. although, i recently ordered the hot chocolate too, i might be switching up the latte for hot chocolate! ;)
-tara

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home