four sweetpeas -->

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sunday

DSC03785
Today I went out alone, without the kids or John. I'm still getting over being sick, but my wonderful sister-in-law offered to give me a facial at the salon she worked in so there was no way I was turning that down. She said I was doing her a favor because she has to do some "practice" facials before they let her take clients on, but really she was the one doing me the favor. I felt so relaxed and wonderful afterward. I then went to my favorite antique shop and looked around, then I got myself a coffee and called Heidi up and went looking around in shops with her. After I dropped her off I looked in some more shops downtown and then got some food and went home. It was so refreshing to get away, thank you Kimberly for the facial, and thank you John for watching our two sick kids for a few hours, you made this mama's day.

9 Comments:

Blogger --erica said...

sometimes we all need a day like that..aren't they blessings?

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like an almost perfect day! I'm glad you got to go out and relax on your own. I know how stressful and overwhelming it is to watch two sick kids alone. hope they will feel better soon.

12:19 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Sounds you had a nice and relaxing day! Glad you are feeling better!

And thank you so much for your nice words on my place. As always, you are very gentle!

4:51 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

Nice for you!! The alone time to be YOU is so incredible isn't it?? What a nice day.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

what a sweet man you have. I hope everyone is begining to feel better.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you're not doing The Artist's Way group with us...but hey, girlie, you just had yourself an artist date!

P.S. Guess where we went yesterday? To church...in Sacramento! (Eeek...if you knew how much I avoid 'real' church, you'd know how big that is...ha!) ;)

8:10 PM  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

i love days out alone...i am getting one on wednesday.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

that facial was super nice when i got it done too!!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

i love this pic too....very cool!

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home