four sweetpeas -->

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday: Personal History #4

This is Heidi and me at the state fair in 2004, I was 9 months pregnant and Heidi was home for a visit form New Orleans. I love her as much as a sister could love a sister. We are different in so many ways, but at the same time we are almost exactly the same in other things. I wish you all could really know Heidi, she would be your best friend. She is kind and giving and would lay down her life for a person she cares about. She is funny and adventurous,, for the life of me I can't understand why men aren't throwing themselves at her. They are all missing a wonderful person. Sometimes when I'm with her I get the urge to grab men and drag them over to her and point out to them how great she is and then step back and watch them fall in love. The one time I mentioned that I might introduce her to strangers we meet and try and get some phone numbers she got very agitated and sort of freaked out that I would do that to her. O-well, maybe I just won't warn her next time. We were in San Francisco at the exploritorium, I though we might see some cute guys, we really did'nt see any anyhow. Anyway, today is her 30th birthday. Happy Birthday Heidi, I love you.

10 Comments:

Blogger GJ said...

What a great tribute to a great sister!!!!! Happy Birthday Heidi!!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

What a sweet post for your sister. Happy Birthday to her.

10:40 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

What a great tribute to your sister and also, a great photo!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwww....what a sweet tribute. i have 2 sisters so i know how special they are, and how priceless and irreplacable.

la vie en rose

11:51 AM  
Blogger Diz Rivera said...

Man, this is a sweet tribute. I hope my girls talk like this about each other all their lives.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

What beautiful words for an i'm sure beautiful person. Happy Birthday Heidi!

7:40 PM  
Blogger sara said...

What a great picture & post...you guys are so beautiful. It made me wish I had a sister.

(I like your short hair, BTW...)

Happy Birthday Heidi!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

ahhhhh...thanks Heather! By the way, the guy at the exploratorium that u pointed out was not cute! :)...regardless, you made my eyes tear up and my nostil flare up and now it hurts all over again, ha ha. Thank u though...u are too sweet!!!

11:30 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

What a lovely post! Happy Birthday, Heidi!

4:53 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

happy birthday to heidi
and what a great gift
you have given each other...

:)

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home