four sweetpeas -->

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday: Personal History #3

This is Jack moment's after he was born. I love this picture because this is really the first time I am looking at him. I felt so stunned when I saw him, really almost unbelief that this baby came out of me. He weighed 9 lbs 4 oz and he looked as big as he was. I had carried him around for 9 months but when I saw him come out of me I couldn't believe that I really had just delivered this baby. Tomorrow is my birthday, I know that my mom looked and held me with the same wonder and love on the day she bore me. There is absolutely nothing in this world that can compare to this feeling I have in this photo.

14 Comments:

Blogger GJ said...

That is amazing.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

What a great picture. Happy Birthday!

11:23 AM  
Blogger --erica said...

I get teary just looking at it..Birth is just such an amazing experience.
Happy birthday!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Diz Rivera said...

Gorgeous and emotional.
Home birth?

1:50 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

It truly is the most wonderful feeling, when you finally get to meet your babe.

1:54 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

its funny,
i always think of my mom
on both my birthday and my kids...
i wonder how she felt
and what she thought
when i came along...

and what an intense photo.
wow.

oh...and happy happy birthday
:)

5:47 PM  
Blogger dani said...

beautiful photo. looks like you had him at home, or a birth centre? happy birthday and thanks for sharing this intimate image.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Heather!!!!!!
I remeber thinking the same thing when abbie came along.

7:26 PM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

happy birthday!
what a neat photo. I love the expression on your face and all the people around you, supporting you.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Nothing does compare does it?
Happy Birthday to you!

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the picture and I so know what you are talking about. That is the feeling that keeps those babies coming. I always wished I could bottle it up and keep it with me always. Birth is an amazing thing.

8:47 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

Happy Birthday to you!!

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing picture and post.
Happy birthday Heather!!!

1:24 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Adorable photo! Just amazing!

Happy Birthday to you!

And thank you so much for your nice comment on my page. Your visit is a great stimulus to me.

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home