four sweetpeas -->

Monday, January 16, 2006

Our Weekend

DSC04458
We had a great weekend. My mom came over on Sunday morning and watched the kids while John and I went on a bike ride. I was once again reminded about what poor shape I'm in. We rode for 2 hours and I thought I might not be able to move today, but I was pleasantly surprised, I'm not sore at all. Then in the late afternoon we went to church. I was especially moved by the songs we sang. I love when I am swept up in a song and moved, it doesn't happen often but last night I was so choked up I could barley sing.

DSC04446
Saturday, we went to Old Sacramento with Heidi. One of our favorite shops "Orange" was calling it quits, so they had huge discounts. After shopping we went to lunch. This pizza place called Annabell's. It's downstairs, it's dark, and it's been in old sac since the beginning of time. There are animal skulls hung along the walls and in the back is a huge big screen TV playing cartoons and there are a bunch of video games. It's a little strange and creepy but it's fun for the kids and they have cheap pizza. It was a fun time.

I want to say a BIG thank you to all the people who leave comments on my blog. I'm so encouraged and blown away by the kindness and support all the bloggers give. I so enjoy looking at all of your blogs, they inspire me and make me laugh (and cry sometimes). Thank you for sharing your lives!!

8 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

Love the photos!! I also love hearing stories of your outings in Sacramento. My college roommate grew up in Davis and we'd go up there all the time to relax. We'd go to Sacto for punkrock shows and sometimes stop in Dixon on the way, where her boyfriend lived.
I'm glad you and John got alone time ~ we had a date on Saturday night ourselves.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great minds think alike, isn't that what they say? I was reading your blog, you were signing mine. I love the pictures. They are just beautiful and capture a certain emotion that I can't even put into words. Does that make sense? I am deep think, maybe you have noticed so I have a (as my husband would say) long way to go about trying to say something simple!

We love the Aquadoodle. I had to buy extra pens because Miss Abs likes to carry them around and colors walls and etc. I have 5 but typically only know where one is at a time.

Glad to be reading!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

i always love hanging out with you guys too!!!

8:03 PM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

i love the shadowy picture. i'm glad you're not sore, but i always get sore the second day, so beware!! ha!
I lead worship at my church once a month, so I totally KNOW what you mean about getting swept up in a song. i'm definitely guilty of often getting more out of my worship time, than the message--but maybe that's because i'm usually in the nursery rocking babies during the sermon!

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those pictures! and your weekend sounds great!

your share your thoughts and life with such honesty and tenderness. I love reading your blog.

1:14 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

that sounds like a very
interesting
place to lunch...
:)
i have been wanting to go to church
lately, which is not a common feeling
for me, and it is mainly for the
singing...

and yay for alone time...
:)

2:59 AM  
Blogger --erica said...

What a fun day! I love Sundays like that. Old Sac is the best. We really need to get back to the train museum!

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I nearly pulled my bike out for a ride on Sunday--it was so beautiful outside. But then I remembered I might have an exhausting day on Monday (I did)...so I laid around like a lazy slob instead. (If I'd gone for a bike ride, I might not have been so exhausted yesterday. Gotta expend energy to get it...why do I always forget that?) ;) Old Sac is fun.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home