four sweetpeas -->

Friday, January 20, 2006

Grateful Friday

DSC04507

Yesterday the kids and I went to a new playground over by John's work. There are never any kids playing when we go to this particular playground. The trees are still small, the grass is perfectly mowed and there is not one hint of graffiti anywhere. It's a little strange. I actually poked around in all the "secret" places I though kids might go to write on the structure or carve initials into the plastic, but there was nothing anywhere. Then as we were leaving I noticed a flash of color on the grass a few feet away. It was a bubble gum wrapper, we have life!!! kids DO play here. It felt good to see this little piece of litter.

Other things I'm grateful for today:

- My mom and sister helping me shop with the kids yesterday
- My mom watching Stella today for a Dr. Appointment
- All you wonderful bloggers who offer me love and support
- My friend Lorissa, who I love chatting with
- Carob malt balls, I'm addicted to them.
- Lots of other things, but the kids are screaming and I have to go.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Great picture! Glad you found some life there.
I'm off to count my blessings . .

11:24 AM  
Blogger GJ said...

Love the photo!!!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Heth said...

Love the pic. What kind of camera do you use?

12:40 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Oh, I love carob malt balls too!! The picture is awesome.

3:56 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

glad to see the sun shine through
again...the picture is cool

7:57 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

How REAL your posting is! I love it! what a great idea to list what you are grateful for!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

i love this picture....too cool and bright and cheery!

11:33 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

cool picture, heather. I love how you went searching for signs of life!

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pictures are just beautiful girl. Awesome photo taking girl! Keep it up! I love it!

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home