four sweetpeas -->

Thursday, January 26, 2006

33

Yesterday was my birthday. I was so spoiled by John. He took the day off work and treated me to a day of surprises.
DSC04550
First we went to IHOP (or IPOP as Jack would say) and had breakfast. The kids were great and it was a fun way to start my birthday. Then we took the kids over to our friends Jeff and Gretchen's house and dropped the kids off. Then he took me to my next surprise, lunch and a facial and manicure!! It was so relaxing, just what I needed.
DSC04586
Then John took me to one of my favorite places to eat Zelda's pizza. John had invited my brother and sister and mom and Jeff and Gretchen there too. It was so nice to be there with the people I love.
Afterwards we went to Heidi's and I opened some presents and ate a yummy cake that Heidi made.
Here we all are. Next week is Heidi's 30th birthday, so we will all officially be in our 30's. YEA!!! we made it and were all in one piece.
DSC04604
And last of all this beautiful blanket that Heidi crotched for me. This was the first thing she ever crocheted. It started out as a scarf, but it got way to long, so she decided to just keep going and make it a really long blanket. It is amazing and really long and super cozy. I LOVE it. I love that she put so much heart into it (she's been making it since September). I will treasure it, it's one of the most beautiful gifts I've ever gotten.

11 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Happy Birthday! 33 is a good number. Sounds like you have a great day!

8:45 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

What a wonderful day!! This sounds like a perfect birthday and one you spent doing exactly what you wanted and needed. A facial would be grand.

Wows to Heidi for crocheting a blanket and so fast too! It's beautiful and something you'll have forever.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Lorissa said...

COOL BLANKET! And kudos to John for spoiling you. You deserve it. Happy birthday, birth buddy! Your birthday is not finished yet...you still have my gift! Thanks for the beautiful journal and accessories. And thanks for supporting my ambitions. Lv U.

10:36 AM  
Blogger sara said...

What a great birthday -- you have such a loving and wonderful family. I'm so impressed with Heidi's blanket!
Hope your upcoming year is the best one yet.

2:24 PM  
Blogger GJ said...

WOW!!! Happy Birthday and Happy blanket!!! It's obvious that you are deeply loved - which is such a great gift on its own!!! Heidi did a FAB job!!! I am using lots of exclamation points!!! THAT IS MY GIFT TO YOU!!! !!!!! !!!!

3:12 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

wow...what a truly great birthday!
the blanket is beautiful
and i'm glad you had a great day
:)

4:39 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Sounds you had a lovely and happy time. So beautiful the blanket!

5:30 AM  
Blogger dani said...

happy birthday heather!!! sounds like a brilliant day!

5:32 PM  
Blogger --erica said...

Amazing Birthday! I'm saying it again! Happy Birthday!
Lovely blanket!

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you lucky lucky girl! I'm so happy for you! The blanket is unbelievable, what a gift! I like Heidi's style.
Happy belated Birthday!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Diz Rivera said...

wow - that blanket is bananas great. And I love that the kids think it's a pinata.

I also love the IPOP picture.
Happy Bday -- belated.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home