four sweetpeas -->

Monday, December 12, 2005

Weekend

John and I had a nice weekend. We went to John's company Christmas party. It was held at the Crocker Art Museum. It was beautiful.
John has never been to the museum so the first thing we did was walk through it. The Crocker is really a beautiful place, the building is gorgeous. They had it decorated for Christmas which made it even more pretty.
Then we made our way downstairs to the party. They hired a local band Mumbo Gumbo, they were fun to see. The party itself was super crowded, I think they needed a bigger tent, it was a maze of food/drink lines and tables crammed together. Despite all that though it was just nice being out at a Christmas party. The weather was crisp and we dressed up, it was fun.
On Saturday we went to a Waldorf winter fair. It was nice, there were lots of local artisans selling their goods. We heard a story and played in their playground. The story teller was so calm and quiet Jack and Stella just sat quietly listening to her tell a story, which is amazing, I felt like curling up in a ball at her feet with a blanky and listening to her all day myself. I want to learn to tell stories like her. I really loved walking into all the classrooms and I really really loved their garden and play area, they even had a couple chickens running around. I would love our kids to go there, but it's so darn expensive. We ended up buying the kids a couple musical stocking stuffers. Hope you all had a great weekend

6 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

Telling stories in a captivating way is a real art form. I loved the swirly party picture and of course, that tree is gorgeous!

8:00 AM  
Blogger kath red said...

thank you for your kind comments on my blog yesterday.

i always love reading your blog, so real and loving.

have a merry christmas

2:31 PM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

so much fun...i wish that i had a xmas party to go to this year...i always did in new orleans :(...sounds like u are having fun....:)

2:33 PM  
Blogger sara said...

Wow!! That Christmas party looks MUCH more fun than my company's, or my husband's, for that matter.
Great pics!

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

again, I'm jealous.

12:17 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

What a great weekend you had!
The Christmas tree is wonderful!

Thank you so much for the nice comment on my blog today! I always appreciate it!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home