four sweetpeas -->

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Six Years

Today is our sixth wedding anniversary. John surprised me and and took us to a bed and breakfast in Georgetown. It was romantic and we had a great time roaming around the Inn built in 1863 and around the cute little town.
This is John and I dancing our first dance, as you can see we were so happy, I think we laughed through the whole thing.
This was shortly after our wedding on a trip we took to the Philippines. We are underneath a waterfall in this photo.
This is us on our honeymoon in Maui. We spent 2 whole weeks there. We did everything we could there and had a blast, we still talk about it all the time.

Facts about John and I.
- He proposed to me in French, on a canoe in the middle of Donner lake.
- Neither of us speak French, but he knew I loved the sound of the language, so he walked around for a week listening to a recording of a proposal a friend of ours made into a tape recorder for him so he could propose to me in French.
- He was visibly shaking when he proposed to me, and I thought that was the sweetest thing.
- That night he left me a dozen red roses with a note attached that said "Heather, sleep well my love. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you."
- John and I met, dated, and were engaged all within a year and a half.
- I believe that he and I are soul mates. There is no one else out there that would be more perfect for me than John.

12 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

What a happy, lovely couple you and John are Heather. Every picture that you shared shows the love you have for each other. I especially love the wedding dance pic. Happy Anniversary!!

5:34 PM  
Blogger teega said...

YOU TWO MAKE ME SICK...just kidding...Happy 6th Ann... you two are so f@#$en lucky!

5:37 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Heather, what a lovely and romantic post!
Congratulations! Happy Anniversary!

Love these pictures, too!

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't believe I've spent 40 years in No. Calif. and never heard of Georgetown. :) John's proposal in quickly-learned French?...one of the sweetest things I've ever heard. Here's to many, many more years together. Happy Anniversary!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

ahhhh...my eyes are all misty now! So sweet...u have no idea how lucky u are to have found your soul mate so quickly...I am glad that john is a part of our family :)

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy, happy anniversary!

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you just gave me goosebumps. beautiful words. Happy Anniversary to you both!

4:03 AM  
Blogger dani said...

gorgeous!!!! great shots! happy 6th!

4:07 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

ohhhhhh...
that is soooo sweet
the pictures show how close you are
and how happy...
what lucky children you have
to have parents so in love with each other
and
congratulations
:)

9:43 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Heather, thanks for your kind words on my blog!

10:37 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

hi - nice touch - Glad I stopped by

1:18 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are adorable together! The words you have for your hubby are truly sweet!

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home