four sweetpeas -->

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Self Portrait Tuesday #2: Reflective Surface

MULTIPLE ME

I think my family used to think I was a few cards short of a deck, as a teenager and into my 20's my emotions would swing radically. If I saw a sad movie I wouldn't just cry a little in the theater, I would cry all the way home, then go in my room and cry some more. I could go from happy to sad in the blink of an eye. I used to define myself in my head as an emotional basketcase, I felt like something was wrong with me, I was too emotional. I'm still a crier but I don't define myself by that now, at least I don't put a negative spin on it anymore. I am emotional, I love a good cry, but I also love laughing and getting angry, and feeling peaceful. I am not a wreak, just a girl who feels fully, and there is nothing wrong with that.


14 Comments:

Blogger la vie en rose said...

no, there's nothing wrong with that at all. here's to your feelings...all of them...and feeling them as deeply and passionately as you need to. and great pic!

8:53 AM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

there is nothing wrong with that, from one big crier to another. my daughter is a crier also and i like to think she got that from me. (=

9:08 AM  
Blogger Server Girl said...

i used to be the strong one and never cry...AND NOW i cry alot...u must have passed that to me....and yes, you are crazy...remember what John said about the Rumph women??? i don't care...we are all crazy and i like it that way!! :)

10:54 AM  
Blogger Glamorous Jo said...

Ain't NOTHIN wrong with that!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Heth said...

Hi Heather, from another Heather. You have a wonderful family, and I have enjoyed looking at your tuesday photos. I love that you embrace all of your emotions. Well done.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Darren said...

nothing wrong at all we love u just the way u r

11:59 AM  
Anonymous irene said...

amazing picture!!! and I cry watching commercials and movie trailers!!! and I believe there's nothing with wrong with that at all!!!

12:51 PM  
Blogger molly said...

"a girl who feels fully"....I LOVE that!

1:07 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

that is great that you recognize and accept that in yourself now...
i was also an "emotional basketcase"
as a child...its funny how you don't change, but you do...

6:11 AM  
Blogger RANDI said...

You know, the older I get, the less "afraid" I am of my emotions. I think that they actually make me feel more alive!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Tatjanna said...

emotions are what make the rest worthy!
Why would you stare at something if it didn't mess up your feelings?
It's great to be able to feel all the emotions there can be!

I also have to say that i adore the picture, you really got a great angle in there!

thanks for visiting my blog and posting!

*****

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

LOVE the photo. Crying is good! I cry to accompany MOST of my emotions. I think of it as a wonderful release...sort of a liquid "Ahhhh..." :)

6:54 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

So creative this photo!

7:37 AM  
Anonymous alex said...

wow you describe me!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home