four sweetpeas -->

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Self Portrait Tuesday #2: Reflective Surface

MULTIPLE ME

I think my family used to think I was a few cards short of a deck, as a teenager and into my 20's my emotions would swing radically. If I saw a sad movie I wouldn't just cry a little in the theater, I would cry all the way home, then go in my room and cry some more. I could go from happy to sad in the blink of an eye. I used to define myself in my head as an emotional basketcase, I felt like something was wrong with me, I was too emotional. I'm still a crier but I don't define myself by that now, at least I don't put a negative spin on it anymore. I am emotional, I love a good cry, but I also love laughing and getting angry, and feeling peaceful. I am not a wreak, just a girl who feels fully, and there is nothing wrong with that.


11 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

there is nothing wrong with that, from one big crier to another. my daughter is a crier also and i like to think she got that from me. (=

9:08 AM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

i used to be the strong one and never cry...AND NOW i cry alot...u must have passed that to me....and yes, you are crazy...remember what John said about the Rumph women??? i don't care...we are all crazy and i like it that way!! :)

10:54 AM  
Blogger GJ said...

Ain't NOTHIN wrong with that!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Heth said...

Hi Heather, from another Heather. You have a wonderful family, and I have enjoyed looking at your tuesday photos. I love that you embrace all of your emotions. Well done.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing picture!!! and I cry watching commercials and movie trailers!!! and I believe there's nothing with wrong with that at all!!!

12:51 PM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

"a girl who feels fully"....I LOVE that!

1:07 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

that is great that you recognize and accept that in yourself now...
i was also an "emotional basketcase"
as a child...its funny how you don't change, but you do...

6:11 AM  
Blogger Randi said...

You know, the older I get, the less "afraid" I am of my emotions. I think that they actually make me feel more alive!

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the photo. Crying is good! I cry to accompany MOST of my emotions. I think of it as a wonderful release...sort of a liquid "Ahhhh..." :)

6:54 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

So creative this photo!

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow you describe me!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home