four sweetpeas -->

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Years

DSC04343
Here we go, it's almost here 2006. 3 1/2 more hours to go. We are watching Jack's friend Maya for a few hours tonight, they are in bed right now not sleeping. Today I sat down and thought a little about my year and what I want to happen this year, here's what I came up with.

In 2005 I:
- Learned and continue learning how to be a mother to two kids under 2. I think my patience has grown, and I learned to be a little more easy on myself.
- Ran in the "Bay to Breakers" in San Francisco. I ran it with my friend Gretchen, we didn't run the whole way, the first 3 miles and then ran/walked the rest. I'm really proud of myself for trying it.
- Celebrated Stella's 1st birthday and Jack's 2nd.
- Read some great books
- Started this blog

In 2006 I want to:
-Bond with God. Pray and read. Make my time with Him sacred and special. Sing, light candles, kneel, read out loud.
- Eat less Junk food, drink more water. Focus on health and not a number.
- Have more fun with the kids: dance, run, laugh, play outside.
- Have a more passionate marriage.
- Read lots of good books, don't waste time on crap.
- Take lots of photos, learn to knit, bake and experiment.
- Have more friends over for dinner, once a month.
- Do small things for people, write notes, give coffee and hugs.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great picture!!! I could have written your resolutions list for next year. that's exactly where I am and where I want to be.
Happy New Year Heather, to you and wonderful family.

12:34 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

I love the picture and I also love this very thoughtful list.
I'm glad I've gotten to 'know' you a little bit and hope to learn more.
Happy New Year Heather!!

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable photo...and sweet list.

11:41 AM  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

that is a sweet list.
i am still looking for
the energy to come up
with one!

happy new year!

12:27 PM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

Happy New Year! I really like your 06 resolutions. They are real and meaningful and do-able. I need to sit down this evening and work on mine, too.
Great picture of your kids, too!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

what a super cute picture....i like your list..i am gonna make a list on my blog too. :)

12:53 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

Hi Heather,

Like a chain letter, I feel oddly compelled when tagged to play, so I'm tagging you now (part of these particular rules) and if you want to play, please do but if you don't now worries. SO tag, your it. Write 5 weird things about yourself. Tag 5 more people and then tell them they've been tagged in their comments.

4:10 AM  
Blogger GJ said...

Love this list!

9:43 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Love this picture!

Wishing you and family a Very Happy New Year!

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home