four sweetpeas -->

Friday, November 04, 2005

Today

Today I'm grateful for my husband, who listens to me pour my
heart and mind out to him, and still loves me and thanks me for sharing it with him.

Today I'm grateful for two beautiful, happy, healthy children. For the gift of their love, and for every moment that I have with them.

Today I'm grateful for my own health. For my strong willed mind, my healthy heart, and my creative mind.

Today I'm grateful for living now in this time and space, for my mother and my grandmother and her grandmother who cried and laughed and loved first.

Today I'm grateful for God. For his love and patience with me. For being able to talk to him and love him and get strength from him.

Today I'm grateful for people who help those who are hurting, for people who lay their lives down to help the flooded, the raped, the motherless, the lost, the addicted.

Today I'm grateful to be able to love and laugh and cry and get angry. For not being so numbed out by our culture of fear that I cannot fully enjoy every day if I choose to.

4 Comments:

Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

I love these posts that you often write-- like this one. They are inspiring and bring things into perspective---as I'm sitting down to the computer after a grumpy morning with my children, and a messy house...then I read your post and it brings peace and perspective. Wonderful. thank you.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said...there are many things to be thankful for today and your #1 on the top of my list.
Your terrific.......

12:43 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful poem today! I’m really inspired by it!

3:30 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

well said...
:)

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home