four sweetpeas -->

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Self Portrait Tuesday: Exploring Identity

READER
I love reading. In elementary school I was the "Royal Reader". I would read book after book and write little reports on them and get Royal Reader certificates. My favorite books my mom still has are the Ramona Quimby books and a book called "Lizza Lou". Later on I really got into Stephen King. Now I'm into anything that can grab me in the first 2 pages, and that I can read fast. If I don't like it within the first chapter I'll stop reading it. Last night at the library I picked up "The Tattoo Artist" by Jill Cimnet and "Fallen" by David Maine. I keep a little journal, whenever someone recommends a book, I write it down. When I finish a book I write a few thoughts on it. I also love reading magazines. Oprah, Organic Style, National Geographic, Martha. If a book is really good I will get a little choked up when I read the last sentence, even if it's a happy book.
Other Self Portrait blogger HERE

7 Comments:

Blogger gkgirl said...

teehee...
we have alot in common...
i also keep a list of books
i want to read and cross them off
with a little note when done...

i am an avid magazine enthusiast
(to the dismay of my husband)

and when i was in grade one,
i used to get in trouble for
reading archie comics during class
:)

9:20 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

We have this in common. I'm a voracious reader and always have been. When I started on novels, it was Stephen King all the way. I'm in 2 bookclubs and that has opened me to reading a lot of books I either didn't want to read or never heard of. I hope to pass my love of books and reading to my girl.

I probably subscribe to more magazines than anyone should (that isn't a doctor's office!) and it runs the gammet on what types I get.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

i love that book liza lou..i totally forgot about it and her being in the swamps and stuff..cute pic too!

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this picture!!!

11:11 AM  
Blogger GJ said...

I love books and magazines. Stacks and stacks of both. And the Hello Kitty pajama pants are a nice touch.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Randi said...

My self-portrait would look very similar! I love books and I get frustrated when I look at my list of books to read--there are just too many!

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm the same way, i'll put down a book if it doesn't capture my attention. i LOVE magazines too. i have tons of subscriptions...they are like an oasis on a crazy day.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home